Subject: [Emu] Multiple identity issue

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:54:09 -0700

At  the EMU WG meeting, we discussed the situation where more than one altsubjectName or subject field are present in a certificate.  Here is some text which can be added to the end of Section 5.2 to address this issue:
 
"It is possible for more than one subjectAltName field to be presentin a peer or server certificate;  similarly, it is possible for morethan one subject name field to be present in a peer or servercertificate.  In this case, EAP-TLS may export more than one Peer-Idor more than one Server-Id; all of the exported Peer-Id(s) and Server-Id(s) are considered valid. "

_______________________________________________
Emu mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/emu

---

From: "Joseph Salowey \(jsalowey\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 15:08:22 -0700

looks good, except I think that there can be only one Subject Name field
in a valid certificate.  How about something like: 

"It is possible for more than one subjectAltName field to be present
in a peer or server certificate;  similarly, it is possible for a
non-empty subject name field to also be present in a peer or server
certificate.  In this case, EAP-TLS may export more than one Peer-Id
or more than one Server-Id; all of the exported Peer-Id(s) and
Server-Id(s) are considered 
valid. "

________________________________

	From: Bernard Aboba [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 2:54 PM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Emu] Multiple identity issue

	At  the EMU WG meeting, we discussed the situation where more
than one altsubjectName or subject field are present in a certificate.
Here is some text which can be added to the end of Section 5.2 to
address this issue:
	 
	"It is possible for more than one subjectAltName field to be
present
	in a peer or server certificate;  similarly, it is possible for
more
	than one subject name field to be present in a peer or server
	certificate.  In this case, EAP-TLS may export more than one
Peer-Id
	or more than one Server-Id; all of the exported Peer-Id(s) and
Server-Id(s) are considered 
	valid. "