Subject: [Geopriv] FYI: S/MIME certs (for those here in Washington, mostly)

From: Andrew Daviel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:10:52 -0700 (PDT)

(this may be of most interest for those here in Washington, but is
somewhat off-topic and my standing up and explaining it is perhaps not a
good use of the communal time. Apologies for bothering others...)

FYI

Thawte offer free S/MIME email certificates. By default your mail is
signed by something like "random email user". It's fairly easy to set up
in e.g. Netscape Communicator and a way to start playing with simple
S/MIME features (signing, encryption).

If you accumulate 50 points from verified "notaries", you get to use your
real name (and get 10 points yourself).
I am a Thawte notary and can give 35 points. The process requires me to
see government-issued photo ID (which matches that registered with Thawte)
and keep a photocopy of it.  If interested please ask in a break.

http://www.thawte.com/html/COMMUNITY/personal/index.html

Andrew Daviel

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv