Subject: RE: [Geopriv] New draft: Location Object Authorization Policies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:42:19 -0400

Hi Henning,

>There are variations that are of some interest, involving two parties 
>that only share a secret. The first party (verifier) could hand the 
>querier a token that somehow reflects its properties, e.g., its IP 
>address. The data source can then verify that the querier has 
>asked the 
>verifier for permission. Is that what you have in mind?

This goes into the direction I meant. What I would like is a shared secret
that is used to sign the allowed resources that the querier wants to access.
The data source then verifies the secret and permits the access to the resources,
if the secret is valid.

This would serve two purposes. Firstly, I do not need to alter XCAP entries for
this particular access (avoids XCAP operations in general and even avoids race conditions if the 
resource access is required within a transaction between querier and verifier).
Secondly, the identity of the querier does not to be given since it is not required
for authorization. All it needs is the shared secret. That's where is relates
to the term "anonymous".

Dirk

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:51:26 -0400

Again, to avoid confusion, even with Digest, you don't have to 'provide 
your identity'. A combination of

teekid   blasterisme

will do just fine. Thus, I still don't see the point.

---

From: John Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:49:24 -0400

Although I should have gotten this out yesterday for West Coasters 
flying in, better late than never, below are various forms of 
directions to the site of the interim meeting Friday and Saturday (as 
well as to the all important closest Starbucks).

The interim will be at the Center for Democracy & Technology, 1634 I 
Street, NW, 11th Floor, Washington, DC 20006, Voice: +1-202-637-9800, 
Fax: +1-202-637-0968.

CDT is located on the south side of Farragut Square (a one square 
block city park), on I Street (the letter "i") between Connecticut 
Avenue and 17th Street.  The closest Starbucks is directly north 
across Farragut Square, on K Street between Connecticut and 17th 
(there is no J Street in Washington, and lots of different stories to 
explain that omission).  Note in the map below that 17th Street 
shifts over at Farragut Square.

Map (not to scale, but not way off):

  |        \Conn         |             | 
  |18th     \Ave         |17th         |16th 
  |          \           |             | 
  |           \ M2  St   |             |   K Street
-+------------+---------+-------------+------------
  |            |         |             |
  |            |  Farr   |             |
  |           F|  Squa   |P            |
  |            |         |             |
  |            |         |    P   P    |   I Street
-+------------+---------+-------------+------------
  |            |M1  CDT   \       P    |   <--- one way
  |            |           \Conn       |
  |18th        |17th        \Ave       |16th
  |            |             \         |
  |            |              \        |   H Street
-+------------+---------------+-------+------------
  |            |                            ---> one way
  |            |                  Lafayette Square
  |            |               (just north of White House)

Key:
CDT = CDT - Interim meeting
St  = Starbucks
F   = Firehook Bakery (muffins, coffee, etc.)
M1  = 17th St. exit of Farragut West Metro Station
M2  = K St. exit of Farragut North Metro Station
P   = expensive public parking
P2  = cheap public parking (not on map, try Virginia and take Metro)

Metro Stops and Directions:

Farragut West (Orange & Blue Line) - use the 17th Street exit - our 
building is the closest office entrance to the escalators

Farragut North (Red Line) - use the K Street exit - Starbucks is 
adjacent to the escalators and CDT is one block south across the park

 From Union Station (Amtrak), take the Red line toward Shady Grove to 
Farragut North.

 From National Airport, take the Blue line toward Addison Road to 
Farragut West (or hop in a taxi)

Driving Directions from Dulles Airport/Reston/Northern Virginia: 
Take the Dulles Airport Access Road (or the Dulles Toll Road) to I-66 
and on into DC.  Right after crossing the Potomac River, follow the 
signs for E Street.  Take E Street to 17th Street.  Take a Left on 
17th.  Take 17th to K Street (passing Farragut Square on your right), 
and take a right on K.  Take your next right (which, trust me, will 
also be 17th Street) and a public parking garage will be on your left.

Driving directions from National Airport/points south:  Go north out 
of the airport and onto the George Washington Parkway.  Take one of 
your first exits onto I-395 and the 14th Street Bridge.  While on the 
14th Street Bridge, move to the left to stay on 14th Street after the 
bridge.  Cross the National Mall and take 14th Street to I Street. 
Left on I Street, and go a few blocks and park in one of the three 
public garages that you will see on I after you cross 16th.

Driving from the North - e-mail with where you are coming from and I 
can give directions.

I will circulate a conference call in number this afternoon, but I 
hope you can participate in person.

John Morris
[email-masked]