Subject: re: The IESG: [Geopriv] Protocol Action: 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol Option for Coordinate-based Location Configuration Information' to Proposed Standard

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:49:10 -0800

James, John, Marc, and all,

A small diff to the draft that came up for IESG response but got lost 
in the shuffle, to make sure it was absolutely clear that this was a
configuration-related object and not a location information object,
was to rename the DHCP Option GeoConf instead of GeoLoc.  This change
is supported by the AD, Ted Hardie, and the other chairs, and is very
minor.  It entails only three edits (below).  This note is just to
let folks know so that there's no surprise, and development/documentation
can be adjusted early enough.

Allison

Old:
   Where critical decisions might be based on the value of this 
   GeoLoc option, DHCP authentication in [4] SHOULD be used to 
   protect the integrity of the DHCP options.

New:
   Where critical decisions might be based on the value of this 
   GeoConf option, DHCP authentication in [4] SHOULD be used to 
   protect the integrity of the DHCP options.

Old:
  IANA has assigned a DHCP option code of TBD for the GeoLoc option 

New:
  IANA has assigned a DHCP option code of TBD for the GeoConf option 

Old:
   The GeoLoc Option defines two fields for which IANA is to maintain 
   a registry

New:
   The GeoConf Option defines two fields for which IANA is to maintain 
   a registry

_______________________________________________
Geopriv mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:56:48 -0600

Allison (and all)

I have no issue with the global change of GeoLoc to GeoConf.

Thank you for your support of this effort!

>    The GeoConf Option defines two fields for which IANA is to maintain

cheers,
James

                                *******************
                 Truth is not to be argued... it is to be presented