Subject: Re: [GROW] draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-11 Peer Flags IANA Conflict Resolution

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 12:41:36 -0400

[ + John Scudder ]
Just a quick note.

The latest version (-12) of the document was just published; the diff is
here:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-11&url2=draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-12

I'm planning on releasing it by Friday unless I hear any strong
objections...

W

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 6:00 PM Tim Evens (tievens) <tievens=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> There is a conflict between the IANA registry
> https://www.iana.org/assignments/bmp-parameters/bmp-parameters.xhtml#peer-flags
> and
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-10#section-4.2.
> Originally, we defined that flag 0 would indicate the F flag but IANA put
> this as flag 4 under the existing peer flags registry.
>
>
>
> Does anyone know if any implementation exists today expecting flag 0? If
> so, is it a significant problem if we changed it to flag 4 to be consistent
> with IANA draft assignment?  We are still requesting a new registry "BMP
> Peer Flags for Loc-RIB Instance Peer Type 3."   This registry will start
> off with flag 4 being assigned as the F flag.
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-local-rib-11#section-8.2
> describes this request.
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim
> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow
>

-- 
The computing scientist’s main challenge is not to get confused by the
complexities of his own making.
  -- E. W. Dijkstra