Subject: Re: [hrpc] Review on feminism draft

From: Juliana Guerra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 09:13:50 -0500

Hello Sofía! Just after IETF 108 I'm following this. Thanks for your
review and interest.

> I opened an issue, as well, on categories that can be introduced and
> explained at the 'Online Violence' section:

I saw the issue and I think it's very important to work on the types of
online -in this case gender based- violence you mention. After working a
few months on this draft and trying to figure out how to connect all
those feminist principles with IETF work, I was wondering if we may
better work on two separate drafts, one of them focused on online gender
based violence.

> https://github.com/IRTF-HRPC/drafts/issues/20 I'm happy to provide a
> definition for all of them and how they intersect with the IETF work.

This is an interesting typology made in Latin America, and based on more
than 4 years documenting cases.

https://www.genderit.org/resources/13-manifestations-gender-based-violence-using-technology

I'll take a look on the documents you recommend but I'm sure it would be
great if we can provide a technical approach to work done by people and
organizations supporting women who face online gender violence. I think
a very good reference for such a work is draft-irtf-pearg-censorship.

I'll send you an email off the list to continue talking about it.

Thanks a lot!

Juliana

---

From: Sofía Celi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2020 22:33:23 -0500

Dear, Juliana,
> better work on two separate drafts, one of them focused on online gender

I think that too as well. We can definitely take inspiration from the
draft-irtf-pearg-censorship for it.

> https://www.genderit.org/resources/13-manifestations-gender-based-violence-using-technology

This is great! I'll review it this weekend.

> I'll send you an email off the list to continue talking about it.

For sure!

Thanks!

-- 
Sofía Celi
@claucece
http://claucece.github.io/
Cryptographic research and implementation at many places, but mainly at
Cloudflare
FAB9 3EDC 7CDD 1198 DCFD  4558 91BB 6B45 6F44 2D02