Subject: MAU MIB updated draft

From: John Flick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 16:59:31 -0800 (PST)

I am finalizing the updated MAU MIB draft and will be sending it off
to the I-D editor on Friday, November 6.  Here is a list of the
changes from the last draft:

    - Updated Section 2, the SNMP Framework boilerplate, to the latest 
      approved text on the O&M Area web page.

    - Updated the references to the various parts of 802.3 to refer to 
      the new unified IEEE Std 802.3, 1998 Edition.

    - Moved Change Log from Section 3 to Appendix A, and renumbered
      the Full Copyright Statement as Appendix B.

    - Added two new jack types to the JackType TC.

    - The broadMauBasicTable and mauBroadBasic object group have
      been deprecated.

    - Changed mauModIfCompl2 compliance to not include the
      mauBroadBasic object group, and to add a MIN-ACCESS of read-only 
      for ifMauStatus.

    - Deprecated mauModRpCompl and defined mauModRpCompl2 compliance
      which addes a MIN-ACCESS of read-only for rpMauStatus.

    - Fixed formatting glitch in Acknowledgements section.

    - Updated Security Section based on Bert's template.

I have not yet made any changes for the following issues:

    1. Forward reference problem with snmpDot3MauMgt
       I think this is one we just need to live with, since we haven't
       been able to come up with a fix that will work with all MIB
       compilers and still be legal according to RFC1902.

    2. Are the DESCRIPTION clauses for ifMauAutoNegRemoteFaultAdvertised
       and ifMauAutoNegRemoteFaultReceived consistent and correct?  Could
       they be made clearer?

If you think we need to do something about this, or if I have missed
something that needs to be changed, please speak up by Friday.  In
particular, if we need to address Issue 2, please propose some text.
We really want to go to WG Last Call on this document as soon as the
I-D Editor releases the updated draft.

Thanks,
John