Subject: [hybi] Fwd: CfC: publish a Candidate Recommendation of WebSockets API; deadline Nov 9

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 07:34:36 -0700

FYI.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: CfC: publish a Candidate Recommendation of WebSockets API;
deadline  Nov 9
Resent-Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 04:23:37 +0000
Resent-From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 21:22:46 -0700
From: Arthur Barstow <[email-masked]>
To: public-webapps <[email-masked]>

During the October 31 meeting [1], there was agreement to publish a
Candidate Recommendation of the WebSockets API and this is a Call for
Consensus to do so:

  http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/

The remaining open editorial bug [13700] will be fixed before publication.

I propose the CR exit criteria is the same as our last CR (Progress Events):

[[
To exit the Candidate Recommendation (CR) stage the following criteria
must have been met:

1. There will be at least two interoperable implementations passing all
test cases in the test suite for this specification. An implementation
is to be available (i.e. for download), shipping (i.e. not private), and
not experimental (i.e. intended for a wide audience). The working group
will decide when the test suite is of sufficient quality to test
interoperability and will produce an implementation report (hosted
together with the test suite).

2. A minimum of three months of the CR stage will have elapsed (i.e. not
until after DD MMM 2012). This is to ensure that enough time is given
for any remaining major errors to be caught. The CR period will be
extended if implementations are slow to appear.
]]

This CfC satisfies: a) the group's requirement to "record the group's
decision to request advancement" to CR; and b) "General Requirements for
Advancement on the Recommendation Track" as defined in the Process Document:

  http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#transition-reqs

As with all of our CfCs, positive response is preferred and encouraged
and silence will be considered as agreeing with the proposal. The
deadline for comments is November 9 and all comments should be sent to
public-webapps at w3.org.

-AB

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/10/31-webapps-minutes.html#item14
[13700] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13700

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 15:52:19 +0100

On 2011-11-03 15:34, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> ...

-> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011OctDec/0655.html>

Best regards, Julian