Subject: One case is missing in confederation RFC 3065

From: Tian Fang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:24:14 -0400

In rfc 3065, "Autonomous System Confederations for BGP", Page 5, case 6.1.
C), the case "the first path segment of the AS_PATH is of type
AS_CONFED_SET" is missing. I think we should handle it as same as case 6.1.
C) 1), only with the difference that AS_CONFED_SEQUENCE can't follow
AS_CONFED_SET.

Regards,
Tian Fang

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:00:48 -0400

At 5:24 PM -0400 8/27/02, Tian Fang wrote:
>In rfc 3065, "Autonomous System Confederations for BGP", Page 5, 
>case 6.1. C), the case "the first path segment of the AS_PATH is of 
>type AS_CONFED_SET" is missing. I think we should handle it as same 
>as case 6.1. C) 1), only with the difference that AS_CONFED_SEQUENCE 
>can't follow AS_CONFED_SET.

This will be fixed in the forthcoming revision.

Regards,

--John