Subject: [Idr] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4760 (1778)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 08:58:46 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4760,
"Multiprotocol Extensions for BGP-4".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4760&eid=1778

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>

Section: 3

Original Text
-------------
   An UPDATE message SHOULD NOT include the same address prefix (of the
   same <AFI, SAFI>) in more than one of the following fields: WITHDRAWN
   ROUTES field, Network Reachability Information fields, MP_REACH_NLRI
   field, and MP_UNREACH_NLRI field.  The processing of an UPDATE
   message in this form is undefined.

Corrected Text
--------------
   An UPDATE message SHOULD NOT include the same address prefix (of the
   same <AFI, SAFI>) in more than one of the following fields: WITHDRAWN
   ROUTES field, Network Layer Reachability Information fields, MP_REACH_NLRI
   field, and MP_UNREACH_NLRI field.  The processing of an UPDATE
   message in this form is undefined.

Notes
-----

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4760 (draft-ietf-idr-rfc2858bis-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Multiprotocol Extensions for BGP-4
Publication Date    : January 2007
Author(s)           : T. Bates, R. Chandra, D. Katz, Y. Rekhter
Category            : DRAFT STANDARD
Source              : Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG