Subject: [Idr] draft-rosen-idr-aigp-00.txt

From: "FRAGASSI Roberto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 08:33:01 -0500

[Idr] draft-rosen-idr-aigp-00.txt as IDR WG document

I support this draft.

thanks,
 
Roberto Fragassi
Consulting Engineer - IPCC
Business Development
Alcatel-Lucent
Cell 908 304 5537

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 16:36:01 -0700

FYI ...

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

     Title           : Transport Instance BGP
     Author(s)       : R. Raszuk, K. Patel
     Filename        : draft-raszuk-ti-bgp-00.txt
     Pages           : 13
     Date            : 2009-05-27

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raszuk-ti-bgp-00.txt

Abstract:

BGP4 protocol is a well established single standard of an inter-
domain Internet routing and non Internet routing information
distribution today.  For many applications it is a lso the protocol
of choice to disseminate various application based information intra-
domain.  It's popularity and it's wide use has been effectively
provided by it's reliable transport, session protection as well as
loop free build in mechanism.

It has been observed in both intra-domain as well as inter-domain
applications that reliable information distribution is an extremely
desired tool for many services.  Introduction of Multiprotocol
Extensions to BGP even further attracted various sorts of new
information to be carried over BGP4.

The observation proves that amount and nature of information carried
by BGP increases and diverges from the original goal of
interconnection for IP Internet Autonomous Systems at a rather fast
pace.

This draft proposes BGP to divide information into two broad
categories: Internet routing critical and non Internet routing
critical that would also include information carried by BGP which is
not related directly to routing.  For the purpose of this document we
will refer to the latter case as second BGP instance.

This draft proposes that the current BGP infrastructure will continue
to be used to disseminate Internet routing related information while
non routing information or private routing data is recommended to be
carried by independent transport instance BGP.