Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 03:46:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Route Leak Prevention using Roles in Update and Open messages
        Authors         : Alexander Azimov
                          Eugene Bogomazov
                          Randy Bush
                          Keyur Patel
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-02-15

Abstract:
   Route Leaks are the propagation of BGP prefixes which violate
   assumptions of BGP topology relationships; e.g. passing a route
   learned from one peer to another peer or to a transit provider,
   passing a route learned from one transit provider to another transit
   provider or to a peer.  Today, approaches to leak prevention rely on
   marking routes according to operator configuration options, with no
   check that the configuration corresponds to that of the BGP neighbor,
   or enforcement that the two BGP speakers agree on the relationship.
   This document enhances BGP Open to establish agreement of the (peer,
   customer, provider, RS, RS-client, internal) relationship of two
   neighboring BGP speakers to enforce appropriate configuration on both
   sides.  Propagated routes are then marked with an iOTC attribute
   according to agreed relationship allowing prevention of route leaks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-open-policy-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alexander Azimov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 16:05:05 +0300

Dear WG!

This version includes changes in text structure and clarifications.

But the most important part is the new roles: RS and RS-client. Previously
the intended role for members of IXes that are present at RS was
customer-provider. While it's enough from the mathematical point of view,
it proved to be ambiguous for engineers and raised continuous questions.
So, these new roles were added to address this problem.

There are already two implementations on top of FRR and BIRD. The authors
believe that the draft is ready for the WGLC.

пт, 15 февр. 2019 г. в 14:47, <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr
>

-- 
Best regards,
Alexander Azimov