Subject: [Idr] draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext-04 - IPR call prior to WG adoption call (2/24 to 3/4)

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 08:48:19 -0500

Greetings: 

This begins an IPR call for draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-ext-04.txt prior to WG
adoption call.   The WG adoption call will begin as soon as all the authors
have responded to this message.  

For authors who have responded to an IPR call, please you will need to again
respond to this IPR call. 

Cheers, Susan Hares

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 15:05:09 +0100

Hi,

We already had adoption call for this draft and comments received were not
in favor.

May I ask why are we to repeat this all over again especially as the core
theme of the draft did not change ?

Ref:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/nxjbsrSAsg8TmxKqn_xlUWGbgJU/

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/Jdv3np6vFI8gA7BKkQa1VByCuuI/

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/H_ERZ1h1Ia6K6PR7hQrmIXaJkvI/

Thx,
R.

PS. Below is the original adoption call:

*From:* Idr [mailto:[email-masked] <[email-masked]>] *On Behalf
Of *Susan Hares
*Sent:* Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:05 AM
*To:* [email-masked]
*Subject:* [Idr] draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext-02.txt [4/18 -
5/2/2019] - 2 week WG adoption call

This begins a 2 week WG Adoption call for draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-
allocation-ext-02.txt.  You can access the draft at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext/

In your comments, consider:

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:48 PM Susan Hares <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Greetings:
>
>
>
> This begins an IPR call for draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-ext-04.txt prior to
> WG adoption call.   The WG adoption call will begin as soon as all the
> authors have responded to this message.
>
>
>
> For authors who have responded to an IPR call, please you will need to
> again respond to this IPR call.
>
>
>
> Cheers, Susan Hares
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr
>

---

From: Huaimo Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 19:21:54 +0000

Hi Robert,

    We have addressed all the comments from the last adoption call [4/18 - 5/2/2019] in the updated document/draft.  For example, the extensions to BGP-LS for SIDs are removed, and a new AFI/SAFI for SIDs is used as suggested by some people. This seems a core change.

    The updated document is presented in IETF 106, and there is no objection during our presentation.

    In addition, I have communicated with all the people who were against the adoption during the last adoption call and did not receive any objection. Only one person hopes that Yang could be used for SIDs.

Best Regards,
Huaimo
________________________________
From: Idr <[email-masked]> on behalf of Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 9:05 AM
To: Susan Hares <[email-masked]>
Cc: idr@ietf. org <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext-04 - IPR call prior to WG adoption call (2/24 to 3/4)

Hi,

We already had adoption call for this draft and comments received were not in favor.

May I ask why are we to repeat this all over again especially as the core theme of the draft did not change ?

Ref:

https://mailarchive..ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/nxjbsrSAsg8TmxKqn_xlUWGbgJU/<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmailarchive.ietf.org%2Farch%2Fmsg%2Fidr%2FnxjbsrSAsg8TmxKqn_xlUWGbgJU%2F&data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7C32e8721cb44d4ad0589708d7b9329da9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637181499361546080&sdata=A2VWGdCf%2F3goaAKyMheRra0t%2FfO6j2rYggipp0Ex6GY%3D&reserved=0>

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/Jdv3np6vFI8gA7BKkQa1VByCuuI/<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmailarchive.ietf.org%2Farch%2Fmsg%2Fidr%2FJdv3np6vFI8gA7BKkQa1VByCuuI%2F&data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7C32e8721cb44d4ad0589708d7b9329da9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637181499361546080&sdata=tHlwtUP6KfCAA2BWQ3DD6C48sxxVNVzJO1rTtcFqVzY%3D&reserved=0>

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/H_ERZ1h1Ia6K6PR7hQrmIXaJkvI/<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmailarchive.ietf.org%2Farch%2Fmsg%2Fidr%2FH_ERZ1h1Ia6K6PR7hQrmIXaJkvI%2F&data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7C32e8721cb44d4ad0589708d7b9329da9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637181499361556076&sdata=we5t0M1%2BHBpZHsJnQciGCX0lny2%2FyOTfaSB9VbHwdlQ%3D&reserved=0>

Thx,
R.

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:05 AM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: [Idr] draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext-02.txt [4/18 - 5/2/2019] - 2 week WG adoption call

This begins a 2 week WG Adoption call for draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext-02.txt.  You can access the draft at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext/<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext%2F&data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7C32e8721cb44d4ad0589708d7b9329da9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637181499361566074&sdata=OqOedOiSa%2Fh1UTRYuqXKssMVYNjttibx8cFVV9n1l7c%3D&reserved=0>

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:48 PM Susan Hares <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

Greetings:

This begins an IPR call for draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-ext-04.txt prior to WG adoption call.   The WG adoption call will begin as soon as all the authors have responded to this message.

For authors who have responded to an IPR call, please you will need to again respond to this IPR call.

Cheers, Susan Hares

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fidr&data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7C32e8721cb44d4ad0589708d7b9329da9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637181499361566074&sdata=%2Byj6zvzU%2FsxZ2BPBKGPHBHxvYTYz8jV1g%2BIxdciVcec%3D&reserved=0>

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:29:41 -0500

Robert and Huaimo:

Perhaps Robert has some nagging concerns.  You might want to discuss this
point before I start the WG adoption call (either on/off list) 

Cheers, Sue 

From: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Huaimo Chen
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 2:22 PM
To: Robert Raszuk; Susan Hares
Cc: idr@ietf. org
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext-04 - IPR call
prior to WG adoption call (2/24 to 3/4)

Hi Robert,

    We have addressed all the comments from the last adoption call [4/18 -
5/2/2019] in the updated document/draft.  For example, the extensions to
BGP-LS for SIDs are removed, and a new AFI/SAFI for SIDs is used as
suggested by some people. This seems a core change.

    The updated document is presented in IETF 106, and there is no objection
during our presentation.

    In addition, I have communicated with all the people who were against
the adoption during the last adoption call and did not receive any
objection. Only one person hopes that Yang could be used for SIDs.

Best Regards,

Huaimo

  _____  

From: Idr <[email-masked]> on behalf of Robert Raszuk
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 9:05 AM
To: Susan Hares <[email-masked]>
Cc: idr@ietf. org <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext-04 - IPR call
prior to WG adoption call (2/24 to 3/4) 

Hi,

Ref: 

https://mailarchive..ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/nxjbsrSAsg8TmxKqn_xlUWGbgJU/
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmailarchi
ve.ietf.org%2Farch%2Fmsg%2Fidr%2FnxjbsrSAsg8TmxKqn_xlUWGbgJU%2F&data=02%7C01
%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7C32e8721cb44d4ad0589708d7b9329da9%7C0fee8ff2
a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637181499361546080&sdata=A2VWGdCf%2F3goaA
KyMheRra0t%2FfO6j2rYggipp0Ex6GY%3D&reserved=0>   

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/Jdv3np6vFI8gA7BKkQa1VByCuuI/
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmailarchi
ve.ietf.org%2Farch%2Fmsg%2Fidr%2FJdv3np6vFI8gA7BKkQa1VByCuuI%2F&data=02%7C01
%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7C32e8721cb44d4ad0589708d7b9329da9%7C0fee8ff2
a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637181499361546080&sdata=tHlwtUP6KfCAA2BW
Q3DD6C48sxxVNVzJO1rTtcFqVzY%3D&reserved=0> 

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/idr/H_ERZ1h1Ia6K6PR7hQrmIXaJkvI/
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmailarchi
ve.ietf.org%2Farch%2Fmsg%2Fidr%2FH_ERZ1h1Ia6K6PR7hQrmIXaJkvI%2F&data=02%7C01
%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7C32e8721cb44d4ad0589708d7b9329da9%7C0fee8ff2
a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637181499361556076&sdata=we5t0M1%2BHBpZHs
JnQciGCX0lny2%2FyOTfaSB9VbHwdlQ%3D&reserved=0> 

Thx,

R.

From: Idr [mailto: <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Susan Hares
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:05 AM
To:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Subject: [Idr] draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext-02.txt [4/18 -
5/2/2019] - 2 week WG adoption call

This begins a 2 week WG Adoption call for
draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext-02.txt.  You can access the draft
at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatrack
er.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext%2F&data=02%7C01%
7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7C32e8721cb44d4ad0589708d7b9329da9%7C0fee8ff2a
3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%7C637181499361566074&sdata=OqOedOiSa%2Fh1UTR
YuqXKssMVYNjttibx8cFVV9n1l7c%3D&reserved=0>
draft-wu-idr-bgp-segment-allocation-ext/

 

Greetings: 

Cheers, Susan Hares 

_______________________________________________
Idr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr
<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.
org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fidr&data=02%7C01%7Chuaimo.chen%40futurewei.com%7C
32e8721cb44d4ad0589708d7b9329da9%7C0fee8ff2a3b240189c753a1d5591fedc%7C1%7C0%
7C637181499361566074&sdata=%2Byj6zvzU%2FsxZ2BPBKGPHBHxvYTYz8jV1g%2BIxdciVcec
%3D&reserved=0>