Subject: [Idr] commentsondraft-qin-idr-sr-policy-ifit-03

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 08:15:32 +0800

Hi authors,
 
This is an interesting topic and useful draft. After reading, I have the following comments.
 
In section 3, it defines IFIT Attributes as sub-TLVs. And section 4 defines each sub-TLVs for different IFIT tools.
One question is that could multiple IFIT attributes be encoded in SR Policy SAFI NLRI?
If so, it would be better to describe some procedures for handling these multiple sub-TLVs.
 
Nits:
Page 3: second line, "a per- packet" should be "a per-packet".

HUANAN CHEN（陈华南）
Data Communication Research Department
Research Institute of China Telecom Co.,Ltd.

---

From: "qinfengwei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 17:20:08 +0800

Hi Huanan,

         Thanks for your comments. Please check my reply inline [Fengwei].

 

Thanks,

Fengwei Qin

发件人: Idr [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 [email-masked]
发送时间: 2020年9月21日 08:16
收件人: [email-masked]
抄送: [email-masked]
主题: [Idr] commentsondraft-qin-idr-sr-policy-ifit-03

Hi authors,
 
This is an interesting topic and useful draft. After reading, I have the
following comments.
 
In section 3, it defines IFIT Attributes as sub-TLVs. And section 4 defines
each sub-TLVs for different IFIT tools.
One question is that could multiple IFIT attributes be encoded in SR Policy
SAFI NLRI?

[Fengwei]: This draft extends the sub-TLVs for encoding the information
about the SR Policy (as defined in draft-ietf-idr-segment-routing-te-policy)
to introduce IFIT attributes. Yes, an IFIT node may be capable of more than
one IFIT option types.  In this case, one or more option sub-TLVs can be
distributed along with SR policy candidate paths through BGP.

If so, it would be better to describe some procedures for handling these
multiple sub-TLVs.
 [Fengwei]: We will add this.

Nits:

[Fengwei]: We will revise this.

  _____  

HUANAN CHEN（陈华南）