Subject: [Idr] RFC 8955 on Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 13:53:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8955

        Title:      Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules 
        Author:     C. Loibl,
                    S. Hares,
                    R. Raszuk,
                    D. McPherson,
                    M. Bacher
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5575, RFC 7674

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-27.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8955

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8955

This document defines a Border Gateway Protocol Network Layer
Reachability Information (BGP NLRI) encoding format that can be used
to distribute (intra-domain and inter-domain) traffic Flow
Specifications for IPv4 unicast and IPv4 BGP/MPLS VPN services. This
allows the routing system to propagate information regarding more
specific components of the traffic aggregate defined by an IP
destination prefix. 

It also specifies BGP Extended Community encoding formats, which can
be used to propagate Traffic Filtering Actions along with the Flow
Specification NLRI.  Those Traffic Filtering Actions encode actions a
routing system can take if the packet matches the Flow Specification.

This document obsoletes both RFC 5575 and RFC 7674.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC