Subject: [Idr] Feedback on a PCE draft (draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 20:43:23 -0400

Greetings:

The PCE WG would like feedback on a PCE draft which contains a mechanism
through PCE to dynamic create BGP sessions and advertise routes. 

The draft is at: 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension-native-ip/

The authors have included a section which specifies BGP considerations: 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-extension-native-i
p-13#section-10

Please note this draft suggest sending key information via PCE to do
automatic set-up.  

Please consider this draft as a parallel effort to do bgp automatic
configuration via PCE.   Working groups such as PCE and LSVR have focused
their BGP automatic set-up to address certain use cases.  

I will summarize the feedback from this effort to both IDR, PCE and BESS
chairs. 

Thank you to John Scudder for pointing the PCE group our way. 

Cheers, Sue