Subject: [Idr] RTG-DIR review of draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-registry-04

From: Alexander Vainshtein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 16:04:49 +0000

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft. The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and sometimes on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing Directorate, please see http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through discussion or by updating the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-registry-04

Reviewer: Alexander ("Sasha") Vainshtein

Review Date: 02-Mar-21

IETF LC End Date: 16-Mar-21

Intended Status: Standards Track

Summary: No issues found. This document is ready for publication.

Comments: The draft is quite short and very easy to read and understand.

The guidelines for the Designated Experts are quite straightforward and, IMHO, easy to follow.

I am not a security expert, but the type of attack described in the Security Considerations section ("excessive and bogus requests for code points") looks quite novel to me. I wonder if this type of attack has ever been observed before.

Major Issues: None found

Minor Issues: None found

Regards,

Sasha

Office: +972-39266302

Cell:      +972-549266302

Email:   [email-masked]

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 08:54:54 -0800

Thank Sasha!!

On March 2, 2021 at 11:05:08 AM, Alexander Vainshtein (
[email-masked]) wrote:

Hello,

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft.
The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related
drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and sometimes
on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to
the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing Directorate, please
see http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it
would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF Last
Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve them through
discussion or by updating the draft.

Reviewer: Alexander (“Sasha”) Vainshtein

Review Date: 02-Mar-21

*Summary*: No issues found. This document is ready for publication.

*Comments*: The draft is quite short and very easy to read and understand.

The guidelines for the Designated Experts are quite straightforward and,
IMHO, easy to follow.

I am not a security expert, but the type of attack described in the
Security Considerations section (“excessive and bogus requests for code
points”) looks quite novel to me. I wonder if this type of attack has ever
been observed before.

*Major Issues*: None found

*Minor Issues*: None found

Regards,

Sasha

Office: +972-39266302

Cell:      +972-549266302

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information
of Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential
and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review,
disclosure, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without
express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies,
including any attachments.