Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-autoconf-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 06:59:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Requirements and Considerations in BGP Peer Auto-Configuration
        Authors         : Randy Bush
                          Jie Dong
                          Jeffrey Haas
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-autoconf-considerations-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2021-03-08

Abstract:
   This draft is an exploration of the requirements, the alternatives,
   and trade-offs in BGP peer auto-discovery at various layers in the
   stack.  It is based on discussions in the IDR Working Group BGP
   Autoconf Design Team.  The current target environment is the
   datacenter.

   This document is not intended to become an RFC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-autoconf-considerations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-autoconf-considerations-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-autoconf-considerations-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 10:25:00 -0500

Working Group,

Firstly, this document was intended to be submitted as 
draft-dt-idr-bgp-autoconf-considerations since the document hasn't yet been
approved as a WG submission.  This is my learning that the I-D tools pay
more attention to internal meta data in the draft than the filename and
don't flag against the mismatches.

Secondly, this is the results of the Autoconfiguration Design Team work and
is intended to have some discussion at the upcoming IDR session.

Abashedly yours,

-- Jeff 

On Mon, Mar 08, 2021 at 06:59:12AM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Idr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/idr