Subject: [Ieprep] Of interest

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:00:06 -0400

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2005/070705-london-explosions.html?net&stor
y=070705-london-explosions&code=nlnetflash3056 

"A series of about six explosions rocked London's public transport system
Thursday morning,

 killing at least two people and injuring others. Mobile and fixed-line
telephone networks were 

severely congested as panicked Londoners called relatives in the city, but
there were no initial

 reports of more widespread communications damage."

"There was no noticeable variation in the volume of Internet traffic through
The London Internet Exchange (Linx),

 which manages peering points in London for all major U.K. ISPs. 

"With the Internet, there's been no effect," said Vanessa Evans, a
spokeswoman for Linx, 

adding, "There's a lot of traffic flowing to the news sites, which are
holding up very well." "

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep