Subject: RE: [Ieprep] Re-charter?

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:33:52 -0400

An,

>>1. Conveying information about the priority of specific 
>>flows (or sessions) that originate in a VoIP environment.  
>>This could include a requirements effort to describe 
>>extensions to NSIS or RSVP. Requirements for NSIS would be 
>>forwarded to the NSIS working group. Requirements for RSVP 
>>could be forwarded to tsvwg or worked on in IEPREP.

>I notice some solutions to providing the priority of traffic in association
>with QoS have been addressed in NSIS.

>I would like to how RSVP extensions can be used to address these
>requirements.

The intended charter isn't to presuppose a solution.  The above was an
example of what might be in scope and a practical avenue for progress within
the group.  

Since you have asked me about "how" extensions could be used, off hand I'd
point to RFC 2750, but again the charter discussion is not to discuss exact
solutions so let's leave it at that until it is decided what should be done.

Kimberly

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep