Subject: [ietf-dkim] Bug or Feature

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 01:18:39 -0500

Personally, I have been unable to keep up with the torrent on the list.  What 
I have been able to get through seems to say very little new.

I think everyone would agree that it would be foolish to trust assertions by a 
sender that a message is somehow good (for some definition of good).  The 
reverse, is not however, necessarily true.  Personally, if a sending domain 
wants to give me a hint that a message may be bad (for some definition of 
bad), I'm inclined to listen.  

So SSP is a limited way for domain owners to give some indication of some 
messages being perhaps 'bad'.  Is this a bug or a feature?

I think it is the feature, but it seems to me that there's a strong sentiment 
that it's not a good thing.

If it's a bug, then there's really no point in SSP and we ought to just stop 
now.  If it's a feature, we ought to quit arguing it's not and figure out the 
best way we can to specify it (hower limited that it turns out to be).

Scott K

P.S.  If the chairs want to issue consensus calls, I'll read those messages 
and vote.  I'm not voting on consensus calls issued by random posters on the 
list.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html