Subject: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: SSP version numbers

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:19:13 -0800

Considering that this draft is already pretty different than the
original pre-ietf version, and it's likely to change more before
we issue an RFC, can we please have a version number in the RR
so that the software can track the changes?

I'm happy with the way that DKIM did it, ie pre-rfc v=SSP0.n
where n == draft number, and rfc is v=SSP1.

		Mike
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Steve Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:24:49 -0800

> where n == draft number, and rfc is v=SSP1.

We'd need to specify recipient behaviour in the case of
unrecognized versions too.

Cheers,
   Steve

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:41:38 -0800

> unrecognized versions too.

yep, i'm pretty sure we can just lift the text directly from
4871.

		Mike