Subject: [ietf-dkim] No teleconference

From: DKIM Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:34:51 -0500

Owing to confusion about whether and when we're to have a teleconference, and to 
concerns about whether this week's announcement was sufficiently timely, given 
that confusion, Stephen and I think it best to cancel it, and, in fact, NOT TO 
HOLD ANY of the teleconferences that we'd planned.  We'll all work on pushing the 
mailing-list discussion forward, and if there's consensus that we ought to have 
any teleconferences in future, we'll address it again later.

So...
Everyone, let's work on moving the discussion forward.  Let's especially work on 
getting some discussion out about the issues for which there's been little or no 
discussion.  Please put the issue number in the thread's subject, and don't 
assume that silence is a vote either way.  If you think things should stay as 
they are, say so.  If you agree with the issue, say so.  If you have an 
alternative, say so.

Be brief, and be clear.  But be.

Barry (and Stephen)

--
Barry Leiba, DKIM working group chair  ([email-masked])
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/l/leiba
http://www.research.ibm.com/spam

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:32:30 -0500

I would suggest rescheduling weekly jabber sessions starting 30 days out, this way they can be on the schedule and canceled later if need be. 
thanks,
Bill Oxley

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] on behalf of DKIM Chair
Sent: Wed 1/16/2008 2:34 PM
To: DKIM Mailing List
Subject: [ietf-dkim] No teleconference

So...

Barry (and Stephen)

---

From: Jon Callas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:07:16 -0800

On Jan 16, 2008, at 3:32 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I would suggest rescheduling weekly jabber sessions starting 30 days  
> out, this way they can be on the schedule and canceled later if need  
> be.

- -1.

I don't see that we have issues that Jabber can sort out better than  
the mailing list. The IETF traditionally favors email because it does  
not require people to alter their schedules.

While we may have some thorny, philosophical issues about SSP, an hour  
of Jabbering isn't going to solve them.

	Jon