Subject: [ietf-dkim] Moving forward toward consensus

From: DKIM Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:30:34 -0400

Last week, Your Favourite Working Group Chairs had some discussions with each 
other, with Pasi (our Area Director), and with some working group participants. 
We were looking for ideas to keep the group moving forward at a reasonable pace, 
given some of the differences on the issues and the volume (both "quantity" and 
"loudness") of discussion.

We ask everyone to think, as you post, about whether what you have to say helps 
keep the discussion on track and contributes something useful.  In particular, it 
will be good for us to highlight key points, summarize discussion, and not miss 
the opportunities to find agreement when it's there, sometimes just under the 
surface.

We have a number of issues under discussion, and we'll take as long as we need to 
in order to work those out.  That said, let's set something to aim for.  We'd 
like to resolve things over the next month and have a version of 
draft-ietf-dkim-ssp that reflects our rough consensus about two weeks before the 
Dublin IETF meeting -- so let's say 11 July.  Can we do that?  Let's go for it, 
and see.

Barry

--
Barry Leiba, DKIM working group chair  ([email-masked])

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:02:37 +0100

Frank Ellermann wrote:
> DKIM Chair wrote 2008-06-09:
>  
>> In particular, it will be good for us to highlight
>> key points, summarize discussion, and not miss the
>> opportunities to find agreement when it's there,
>> sometimes just under the surface.
> 
> Hi, I missed the outcome of the "consensus check" in
> <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.dkim/10390>:
> | I think we've had sufficient time for debating
> | this, let's decide.  Please respond to this by
> | Friday June 6th.

My fault, I'll go over the traffic and post tomorrow,
Stephen.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:17:57 +0200

Frank