Subject: Bring out the passion through text

From: "TextRomance" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 12:33:51 -0800

I just watched a video that convinced me of being able to bring the secret romantic out of any man. I have kids, work too much, and have no time to take on much, but these techniques are working already for me! They're just simple facts of masculine psychology (most likely unaware like I was) that were featured on Rachael Ray.

Watch the video

.

"I can't concede that, by any means," she replied, with a consciousness
of her logical powers. "For instance, there's celibacy; why don't you
priests get married? I think this very wrong; the Bible calls it the
'doctrine of devils' to encourage that institution."

"I am astonished, if you think so, miss," said the priest, "you have not
got married yourself before this, for you appear to be of age."

"O, that, perhaps, is my own choice," she said, coughing with
embarrassment.

"Well, it is my fixed and determined choice," rejoined Father Ugo, "to
lead a single, unmarried life, free from care and anxiety."

"I think you are mistaken, sir," she said; "the single life is one of
much more care and anxiety than the married. Witness pa and ma; how
happy _they_ have lived for thirty-five years in this our homestead."

"Although such may have been _your_ experience, miss," said Dr. Ugo, "I
must beg leave to decline accepting it as an authority, particularly
when I have my own experience, though not so venerable as yours, to
balance it. Besides, does not the inspired St. Paul tell us that those
who are married are divided, and have heavier cares; while those who
lead a single, chaste life, as he did, would be better able to serve God
free from anxiety?"

"O, Paul," she replied, "was very poor authority on the subject, being a
bachelor when he wrote that passage. Probably in after life his opinions
underwent a change on the subject. I am aware of his oddity in that
way."

"Do you joke, miss?" said the priest, solemnly. "If you do not joke, I
have no hesitation in saying you blaspheme, in thus trifling with the
words of the Holy Ghost."

"I am serious, sir," she said; "it is your church that is guilty of
misinterpretation of God's word, and, in addition, denies its 'free use'
to the people."

"I hope my church, miss, will never allow her children to trifle with
God's holy word as you have now been guilty of," said the priest.

"What's this? At theology again, Amanda? I think you have met your match
at last, daughter," said Mr. Prying. "This young lady has taken to the
study of Scripture and theology," continued he; "she and the several
ministers who visit here are ever at controversy, and she seldom comes
off second best, I tell you."

"Don't you speak so, father," she said; "no, I don't, neither. I have
been arguing with this gentleman about celibacy, and we can't agree
about the interpretation of a text; that's all. But this is the
birthright of every American citizen, the right to differ; the right to
read the word of God, and to interpret it each for himself, without let
or hinderance."

"I have no great desire, nor does it at all accord with my notions of
propriety, I assure you," said the priest, "to enter into controversial
disputations around the fireside, in a family whose hospitality I am
enjoying, and especially when a lady is my antagonist."

"O you need not be particular," said this female bore; "we are used to
such discussions. I had a few questions to put to you as a Catholic
priest, of which I had taken notes, and my object is information on
those points, as much as the refutation of your church doctrines."

"Any information you require I am ready to afford, if in my power; but I
have a horror--I suppose from the invariable habit of my past life--of
introducing either political or religious discussions into the fireside
family circle."

"We are always disputing here," she said. "I am a Presbyterian, Cassius
a Universalist, Wesley a Methodist, a