Subject: [ietf-privacy] [PrInf] CfP: Privacy and Inference 2015

From: Thorsten Strufe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 22:18:36 +0200

[ apologies for cross-posting ]

            Workshop on Privacy and Inference (PrInf 2015)
                        http://www.prinf.eu

The First Workshop on Privacy and Inference will be held in conjunction
with the 38th Conference on Artificial Intelligence that will take place
at TU Dresden, Germany, on September 21-25, 2015.

========
Contents
========

The recent past has brought an increasing use of integrated online
services for information discovery, the publication of personal
information and an extensive exchange of opinions. Companies and
institutions have greatly enhanced their means to collect information
about individuals at the same time, and their deployment and utilisation
is ever more sophisticated and widespread. A parallel trend exhibits the
move towards cloud computing, the outsourcing of both data and
processing to external providers.

These trends have a tremendous impact on the privacy, and terminally the
liberty of individuals users and institutions, a fact that has even
reached the legislative bodies that struggle to find regulations to
protect data while avoiding exceedingly inhibiting consequences for the
commercial affairs. The scientific advance, however, is currently
limited to highly specialised cryptographic primitives that lack general
applicability, some attempts to quantify privacy, and intermediate
solutions of outsourcing the trust to potentially independent hardware
vendors (cf. Intel SGX).

The PrInf workshop in consequence aims at uniting scientists that are
currently interested in, and working on solutions to better protect the
privacy of both the individuals with the desire to share information
online, as well as institutions that actively outsource data and
computation to cloud providers. It will hence encompass research
advances in all areas of private inference and countermeasures to
unwanted inference on personal information.

Both large-scale governmental surveillance and extensive profiling of
individuals over several integrated services has recently been enjoying
large general interest. There also have been several, rather individual
attempts at addressing these issues, but unfortunately no joint effort
covering the complete range from logics, over machine learning and data
mining, to privacy and cryptography. We hope to help build such an
inter-disciplinary forum, attracting both interest and participation of
the general audience at KI.

In particular we are interested in the following topics:
* Inference attacks on social media profiles
* Privacy metrics
* Inference and profiling prevention techniques
* Privacy preserving regression
* Privacy preserving clustering
* Privacy preserving classification
* Privacy preserving anomaly detection in social media behaviour
* Replication studies
* Data sets

===============
Important Dates
===============

Paper submission deadline            June 12
Notification of acceptance           July 13
Camera Ready deadline                July 26
Workshop                             Sep 21/22 (to be announced)

Organizers

*  Ulf Brefeld (TU Darmstadt)
*  Thorsten Strufe (TU Dresden)

Technical Program Committee

*    Frederik Armknecht (University of Mannheim)
*    Battista Biggio (University of Cagliari)
*    Raphael Bost (Université de Rennes)
*    Michael Brückner (Amazon)
*    Christos Dimitrakakis (Chalmers)
*    Krishna Gummadi (MPI for Software Systems)
*    Stratis Ioannidis (Yahoo!)
*    Katerina Mitrokotsa (Chalmers)
*    Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye (MIT)
*    Arvind Narayanan (Princeton)
*    Alex Pretschner (TUM)
*    Konrad Rieck (University of Göttingen)
*    Keith W. Ross (NYU Shanghai)
*    Björn Scheuermann (HU Berlin)

Further Information

* PrInf workshop web page:
  http://www.prinf.eu
* KI conference web page:
  http://ki2015.computational-logic.org/