Subject: [ietf-privacy] CFP: 4th Workshop on Encrypted Computing and Applied Homomorphic Cryptography WAHC 2016, Feb. 26, Barbados

From: "Rohloff, Kurt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 00:05:07 -0500

We invite you to submit a paper to this year's Workshop on Encrypted
Computing and Applied Homomorphic Cryptography (WAHC):

https://www.dcsec.uni-hannover.de/wahc16

The workshop will be held after Financial Crypto (FC) in Barbados on Feb
26th.  The workshop focuses on the implementation and application of
Homomorphic Encryption (HE) and and Secure Multi-Party Computation (SMC)
technologies in both software and hardware.

Secure computation is becoming a key feature of future information systems.
Distributed network applications and cloud architectures are at danger
because lots of personal consumer data is aggregated in all kinds of
formats and for various purposes. Industry and consumer electronics
companies are facing massive threats like theft of intellectual property
and industrial espionage. Public infrastructure has to be secured against
 sabotage and manipulation. A possible solution is encrypted computing:
Data can be processed on remote, possibly insecure resources, while program
code and data is encrypted all the time. This allows to outsource the
computation of confidential information independently from the
trustworthiness or the security level of the remote system. The
technologies and techniques discussed in this workshop are a key to extend
the range of applications that can be securely outsourced.

The goal of the workshop is to bring together researchers with
practitioners and industry to present, discuss and to share the latest
progress in the field. We want to exchange ideas that address real-world
problems with practical approaches and solutions.

Schedule

Submission Deadline EXTENDED: Nov. 30, 2015
Acceptance Notice: Jan. 16, 2016
Camera Ready Due: Jan. 31, 2016
Workshop: Feb. 26, 2016

Accepted submissions will be published in a Springer LNCS volume (as part
of the main FC '16 proceedings or typically collected in a subsidiary
workshop volume). Papers are limited to 12-16 pages including references
and appendices. This year, we also encourage authors to submit Demos which
are limited to 6-8 pages and feature a presentation with an extensive code
review.

Submission instructions can be found on the workshop website.

-- 
Kurt Rohloff
Assoc. Prof., NJIT
Director, NJ Cybersecurity Research Center
[email-masked]