Subject: [ietf-types] application/atomdeleted+xml

From: James Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:39:39 -0800

Hello All, Atom Tombstones is an extension to the Atom syndication
format for identifying deleted entries. Part of the spec creates a
media type for tombstone documents. Prior to finalizing the spec, I
would like to request review of the registration.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-atompub-tombstones-13

  Type name:  application
   Subtype name:  atomdeleted+xml
   Required parameters:  None.
   Optional parameters:
     "charset":  This parameter has semantics identical to the charset
       parameter of the "application/xml" media type as specified in
       [RFC3023].
   Encoding considerations:  Identical to those of "application/xml" as
     described in [RFC3023], Section 3.2.
   Security considerations:  As defined in this specification.
     In addition, as this media type uses the "+xml" convention, it
     shares the same security considerations as described in [RFC3023],
     Section 10.
   Interoperability considerations:  There are no known interoperability
     issues.
   Published specification:  This specification.
   Applications that use this media type:  No known applications
     currently use this media type.
   Additional information:
     Magic number(s):  As specified for "application/xml" in [RFC3023],
       Section 3.2.
     File extension:  .atomdeleted
     Macintosh File Type code:  TEXT
   Person and email address to contact for further information:
     James M Snell <[email-masked]>
   Intended usage:  COMMON
   Author/Change controller:  IESG

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 18:53:20 +0100

>     currently use this media type.

This is supposed to identify the kind of application, like photo editing
software or video playback software or something like that.

>   Author/Change controller:  IESG

Author and Change controller are two fields in the RFC 4288 template and
it does not seem like the IESG could claim authorship here.
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/