Subject: Re: draft-ietf-ifmib-testmib-06.txt Posting

From: Kaj Tesink <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 20:23:34 -0500

Hi,

I just posted draft-ietf-ifmib-testmib-06.txt

The revisions were based on further kind review by Bert
and are as follows:

- REVISION clause added

- OwnerString replaced by SnmpAdminString

- boilerplate updates

- to accommodate bert's point of prudent operation of obtaining 'ownership'
   of a test row the following text was inserted in the description of
   testTable:
                     A prudent sequence to obtain 'ownership' of a
                     testTable entry and to minimize collisions (e.g., with
                     a manager not following the rules) is as follows:
                     (1) Retrieve testIndexNext; stop if no more values
                         are available
                     (2) Test whether the corresponding testTable entry
                         does exist through a retrieval operation
                     (3) If the entry exists go back to (1), else
                     (4) Once 'ownership' is obtained, the testOwner and
                         test parameters can be setup, by creating a row
                         with the reserved testIndex and appropriate test
                         parameter settings.
                     (5) Then the test is initiated by setting the
                         testRowStatus to 'active'. The agent sets the
                         value of testResult to 'inProgress'.

- reference to SNMPv2 in the description of testTable has ben made into an 
example

- DEFVAL for testRowStatus has been inserted

- syntax of testCapabilityIndex was refined with a range

Since no more technical comments have been posted I suggest that
the WG chair does a WG Last Call on this draft allowing submission
to the AD for further processing in January if no further comments
are made.

Note that this spec is used by the atm test mib that has also
been revised.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kaj Tesink
Telcordia Technologies (formerly Bellcore)
Email  [email-masked]
Tel    732.758.5254
Fax    732.758.2269
Postal 331 Newman Springs Rd
        Red Bank, NJ 07701
        USA

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/