Subject: Re: [imapext] OPS-DIR review of draft-ietf-imapapnd-appendlimit-extension-08

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 14:33:16 -0800

Hi Sarah,
At 10:58 04-01-2016, Sarah Banks wrote:
>The document is ready with a minor nit/comment.

Thanks for the review.

>This draft discusses an extension to IMAP, where a server can use 
>APPENDLIMIT to communicate to the client the maximum mail upload 
>size, via several commands (status, list, capability). The document 
>cites a particularly useful use case, of mobile devices and resource 
>contention. I found the document fairly well written, and I have a 
>single comment:
>
>Section 3.1 - is the should in "should issue a STATUS 
>command"  normative? It reads as if it could be...

The "should" in the above is not normative.  The usage of a RFC 2119 
"SHOULD" in the sentence would be incorrect as there isn't any other 
way to get the desired Section 3.1 "STATUS response".

>Authors, thanks for making me research "hone in" versus "home in" 
>(ala section 6). :)

I'll credit Barry for that. :-)

Regards,
S. Moonesamy (as document shepherd)