Subject: [ipcdn] SigMIB Draft 10

From: "Freyman Phillip-FPF300" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:52:34 -0600

Colleagues,

A situation has been raised in Belgium where the local telephony
requirements exceed the ETSI EN 300 369-1 definition for RP-AS

In the ETSI document RP-AS is defined as 200 ms to 300 ms in duration.

In the Belgium Belgacom document the RP-AS is implied as being 340 ms
and in field experience this as been verified. Some CPE devices do not
respond if the RP-AS is less than 340 ms.

It does not appear that the maximum ETSI value of RP-AS is adequate and
it does not appear that placing CID during the normal ring cadence is
acceptable.

We therefore have two standards which do not overlap and therefore we
must define a new SigMIB object to define the RP-AS duration from the
ETSI 200 ms min to something in excess of the Belgacom nominal value of
340 ms.

In the following text draft, I have defined a new object (#41) with a
range of 200-500 ms.

Page 7 Add:

   pktcSigDevrpAsDtsDuration - this international object sets the
duration of  

   the ring pulse alerting signal prior to CID signaling.  Variations in

   national standards cause CID failure if RP-AS is not defined by local

   requirements.

Page 44 Add:

   pktcSigDevrpAsDtsDuration     OBJECT-TYPE 

       SYNTAX       Unsigned32 (200..500) 

       UNITS        "Milliseconds" 

       MAX-ACCESS   read-write 

       STATUS       current 

       DESCRIPTION 

           " This object specifies the duration of the rpASDTS ring
pulse prior

             to the start of the transmission of the 

             FSK or DTMF containing the Caller ID information. It is  

             only used when pktcSigDevCidMode is rpAsETS. The  

             following table defines the default values for this object

             depending on the signal type: 

             pktcSigDevCidMode     Default 

             duringringingETS      not used 

             dtAsETS               not used 

             rpAsETS               250 

             lrAsETS               not used 

             lrETS                 not used 

             An attempt to set this object while the value of 

             pktcSigDevCidMode is not rpAsETS will result in 

             an 'inconsistent value' error." 

       REFERENCE  

           "ETSI-EN-300-659-1 Specification and Belgacom 

            BGC_D_48_9811_30_09_EDOC version 3.3" 

       DEFVAL { 250 } 

       ::= {pktcSigDevConfigObjects 41 } 

Page 60 Add last line

   pktcInternationalGroup    OBJECT-GROUP  

       OBJECTS {  

       pktcNcsEndPntConfigMinHookFlash,  

       pktcNcsEndPntConfigMaxHookFlash,  

       pktcNcsEndPntConfigPulseDialInterdigitTime,  

       pktcNcsEndPntConfigPulseDialMinMakeTime,  

       pktcNcsEndPntConfigPulseDialMaxMakeTime,  

       pktcNcsEndPntConfigPulseDialMinBreakTime,  

       pktcNcsEndPntConfigPulseDialMaxBreakTime, 

       pktcSigDevRingCadence,  

       pktcSigDevCidSigProtocol,  

       pktcSigDevCidDelayAfterLR, 

       pktcSigDevCidDtmfStartCode, 

       pktcSigDevCidDtmfEndCode, 

       pktcSigDevVmwiSigProtocol, 

       pktcSigDevVmwiDelayAfterLR, 

       pktcSigDevVmwiDtmfStartCode, 

       pktcSigDevVmwiDtmfEndCode, 

       pktcSigDevrpAsDtsDuration,

I understand it may delay Draft 10 but I think it is necessary.

Regards,

Phillip Freyman
Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff
Science Advisory Board Associate
Motorola, Inc.
Connected Home Solutions IPS
IP System Engineering
21440 West Lake Cook Road
Deer Park, IL 60010

_______________________________________________
IPCDN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipcdn

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:05:01 -0800

Hi -

What is meant by "not used" in the proposed DESCRIPTION clause?
Specifically, what happens when processing a get(next/bulk) request
and pktcSigDevCidMode is not rpAsETS?

Also, what is the motivation for requiring inconsistent value errors
for all set requests when pktcSigDevCidMode is not rpAsETS?
If the value is ignored under those circumstances, it would seem
simpler to accept it as long as it is within the SYNTAX range.

Randy

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Freyman Phillip-FPF300" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:52 PM
Subject: [ipcdn] SigMIB Draft 10

Colleagues,

Page 7 Add:

   requirements.

Page 44 Add:

       UNITS        "Milliseconds" 

       MAX-ACCESS   read-write 

       STATUS       current 

       DESCRIPTION 

             dtAsETS               not used 

             rpAsETS               250 

             lrAsETS               not used 

             lrETS                 not used 

       REFERENCE  

       DEFVAL { 250 } 

Page 60 Add last line

       OBJECTS {  

       pktcSigDevRingCadence,  

Regards,

Phillip Freyman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------