Subject: (IPng 7125) UPDATED AGENDA - V6 Deploy 3rd Day

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:36:58 -0500

Folks,

OK I added the last three requests including the one Bob F got on
ngtrans just now.

Any more changes will have to be done on the fly folks.

A saying for IPv6'ers:
 
  Poor or late Planning on your part does not constitute an emergency
  on the WG, Authors, IESG, or Chairs part -----)....

/jim

===
Thursday, February 4 -- IPv6 Deployment and Promotion 
-----------------------------------------------------
The purpose of this day will be to review current deployment 
activities, potential additional efforts, and opportunities for 
educating and influencing developers, ISPs, network managers, and 
users. This will include answering the following questions:
- Why would anyone run IPv6 now? 
- Why would anyone ever run IPv6? 
- Who will deploy IPv6 first? 
- Will the Internet lead Corporate networks or follow as IPv6 is 
deployed? 
- How to get ISPs to deploy IPv6?

We would like to request that each attendee come with answers to the
above questions for discussion on this 3rd day.   

This is the Final Agenda before Grenbole.  We will do Agenda Bashing at
Grenoble and select order and times.

Agenda:
(1) Discussion of the questions above.   
(2) Existing deployment efforts:
- 6BONE (who?) 
- 6REN (who?)
(3) Potential efforts:
- IPv6 Exchanges (who?) 
- Corporate Plans (who?) 
- ISP Plans (who?) 
- ...
(4) Promotion
- IPv6.org (who?) 
- Influencing developers, vendors, etc. (who?)
(5) Presentations:
- Bob Fink - 6REN and 6TAP
- Jim Bound - The Palo Alto Gateway and IPv6 and sub-TLA Request Strategy
- Marc Blanchet - IPv6 Deployment Issues
- Henk Steenman - Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX) native IPv6 environment
- Jim Bound for Perry Metzger - Status of the V6 Deployment List Activities
- Jun Murai - IPv6 Deployment in Japan
- Paula Caslav - Proposed Guidelines RIPE NCC Regional Registries for IPv6
- Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino - IPv6 verification technologies and open 
                             result by FREE see:
                             http://www.tahil.org/
- Latif LADID - Influencing IPv6 Developers and Promotion
- Kenji OTA - IETF Terminal Room Experiences with IPv6
(6) Public Domain Code Needs for IPv6 Discussion
- Appache Web Server 
- Sendmail 
- BIND 
- BSD Network Utilities

thanks
/jim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------