Subject: (IPng 7093) MSR IPv6 Release 1.2

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:34:58 -0800

Microsoft Research and ISI East are pleased to announce Release 1.2 of our
MSR IPv6 stack for Windows NT. See http://www.research.microsoft.com/msripv6
for more details and download information.

Some highlights:

- Source and binaries are freely available.

- Full support for the core (draft standard) IPv6 specs.

- Routing (with static routing tables) and sending Router Advertisements.
You can use an MSR IPv6 machine to connect a local network to the 6bone.

- Web support, with a port of Internet Explorer and a free web server called
Fnord!. Check out http://ipv6.research.microsoft.com, a v6-only web site on
the 6bone.

- Ports of SDR and RAT (multicast multimedia applications), thanks to the
help of UCL.

- A v6/v4 address/protocol translator, in cooperation with UW.

- Correspondence with mobile IPv6 nodes.

To support developers, we're going to start daily source drops. Send email
to [email-masked] to request more information
about the daily source drops. See
http://list.research.microsoft.com/archives/msripv6-users.html to join our
discussion list or search the archives.

Thanks,
Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------