Subject: (IPng 7094) the task of discussion leaders for Tuesday's meeting

From: Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:25:21 -0800

If you are one of the lucky folks named, or planning to volunteer, as a
discussion leader for the "Identify important new IPv6 protocol/standards
work" part of Tuesday's IPng WG meeting, and are wondering what a
discussion leader is expected to do, here's an answer:

   Describe the issue/problem, and its significance.  Identify known
   solutions, possible solutions, or possible directions in which
   solutions might be found.  Express an opinion about whether or not
   the solution(s) require new research, new architecture, new
   protocol(s), or new operational methods.  Solicit input on the above
   from the meeting attendees.  And be prepared to do all of that in as
   little as 15 minutes (worst case), if necessary.

   The goal of the exercise is to decide on what action should be taken
   to address the issue/problem:  do nothing?  add as a work item to an
   existing WG?  form a new WG?  delegate to an IRTF research group?
   something else?  Do not expect to reach agreement on the solution to
   the problem within the time allotted on the Grenoble agenda (though
   maybe agreement will be arrived at in the hallways/restaurants/bars
   sometime during the three days).

Any questions, please let us know.

Steve Deering
Bob Hinden

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------