Subject: "RFC 2461bis" issue: DNS configuration

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:37:15 +0200

I haven't been on this list very long so I'm unaware of the reasons to 
revisit 2461 and I don't know whether the following issue has been 
discussed, but:

Why is there no mechanism to learn DNS addresses through router 
advertisements?

It is currently possible to attach a host to a link with one or more 
IPv6 routers and have the host automatically discover all the 
paramaters needed to connect to the IPv6 internet... except DNS 
servers.

This is the absolute number one annoyance when running IPv6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:58:04 +0900

Hello 

This issue was discussed at the dnsop wg in vienna
and is still work in progress...

You can touch with below draft related this issue.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-dnsop-ipv6-dns-discovery
-00.txt
Related drafts
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-park-manet-dns-discovery-globa
lv6-00.txt

Regards

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Platform Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of Iljitsch van Beijnum
> Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 3:37 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: "RFC 2461bis" issue: DNS configuration
> 
>