Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-soliman-ipv6-2461-bis-00.tGoxt

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:49:43 -0400

Process Issue:  Not to Fred.

> I note the following differences between this document and RFC 2461:
> 
>   1. Two new author names added in upper l.h. corner of P. 1;
>     date and document I-D name are changed on same page.

I don't think so.  This is a 90+ page document.  Have Thomas and Erik
stated they will not work the updates?  We have been told to reduce
authors on specs by IETF not add them.  

Second I suggest not an update to 2461 but a new document highlighting
new features and interpretation.  

More in depth technical response once all is clear of the proposed work
and change or if this is even a  WG document.  We have many precedents
to add value to core specs in the IETF without whacking a core spec.
This is a core spec the bar will be high to update it and I hope the WG
supports that high bar.

/jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------