Subject: Re: MTU handling and 2461bis

From: Tim Hartrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:31:29 -0800 (PST)

> 
> Adding MTU negotiations to 2461bis is a non-starter IMHO.  The
> purpose of 2461bis is to clarify issues in the existing 2461, not
> add new features.
>

I agree.  I don't see how brand new, complex features can be added to the
specification without requiring it to recycle to proposed.  You can't be
draft standard without implementation reports for ALL the features.

I don't believe that any new features should be added to this specification.
No R bit, no peer-to-peer MTU negotiation.  Nothing should be done to this
specification except bug fixes.  If we crack this thing open for new features
our grand children will be working on it.

Just my $.02

Tim Hartrick
Mentat Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------