Subject: no IPPM meeting slot planned for the DC IETF

From: "Matthew J Zekauskas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:01:21 -0400

Working group members:

Since there has been mediocre progress since the last IETF meeting,
we are not asking for a slot at the DC IETF meeting.  There should be
at least a major update to the IPDV draft and a final, or near-final,
loss patterns draft (with the few changes suggested at the last IETF)
out this week, however.  We invite you to comment here and directly
with the authors.  If anyone sees a need for a meeting in DC, please
contact us.

It is our intent to push to complete the IPDV metric, the loss
patterns metric, and a bulk transfer capacity metric, and also a
"best current practices" (quotes because it may or may not be in the
BCP series) for the delay and loss metrics.  If there is little
(or no) progress, however, the working group will likely become
dormant.  It would be revived to advance metrics up the standards
track.

Both of us will be at the DC IETF and available for informal meetings;
feel free to contact either of us at the meeting or via email.

Matt Zekauskas
Will Leland
IPPM Co-Chairs

---

From: Sang-Eon Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:38:43 +0900

> feel free to contact either of us at the meeting or via email.

Could you inform me where can I find IPDV draft ?

> IPPM Co-Chairs

Sang-Eon Kim
Korea Telecom / Telecommunication Network Lab.
Tel : +82 42-870-8321
FAX : +82 42-870-8329
E-mail : [email-masked]

---

From: "Matthew J Zekauskas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:57:20 -0400

The current version is at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-ipdv-03.txt
The new version has not yet been submitted.  As soon as it's
submitted, I'll post a web pointer (since [email-masked]
gets backed up about a week before a meeting).

--Matt

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sang-Eon Kim [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, October 18, 1999 8:39 PM
> To: Matthew J Zekauskas
> Cc: [email-masked]; Will Leland; Scott Bradner; Vern Paxson
> Subject: Re: no IPPM meeting slot planned for the DC IETF

[SNIP]