Subject: Telemedicina and Teleeducation in Practice - ISTEP 2000

From: "jakab frantisek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 02:14:53 +0200

International Symposium

on Telemedicine and Teleeducation in Practice

ISTEP 2000

22.-24. March, 2000 Košice - Slovakia

devoted to the promotion, support and development

of progressive telecommunications

and data services into practice

Call for Participation

Dear colleagues,

Enclosed is a Call for Papers for a special issue of ISTEP 2000. Please feel
free to distribute it to interested colleagues and post it as appropriate.
Also, please accept our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of
this CFP. Detailed information about the Symposium you will  also fing on
the Symposium web site:
http://www.elfa.sk

Best regards,

Frantisek Jakab
National Organisation  Committee, Chairman

Organization of the symposia

Symposium will be organized in close cooperation with the academic
institutions home and abroad. The main guarantees of the symposia will be
the Technical University of Košice, STU Bratislava and Charles University in
Prague.

The ISTEP 2000 symposium is held under the personal sponsorship of Mr.
Martin Fronc - state secretary of the Ministry of Education of the Slovak
Republic and Mr. Miloš Somora - Rector of the Technical University of
Košice. This symposium is organized in cooperation of the Slovak Telecom and
the ATM Association in Slovak Republic.

Scientific programme guaranties:

  a.. Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Technical
University of Košice, Slovak Republic

  b.. 2nd School of Medicine Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic

  c.. Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague,
Czech Republic

  d.. Faculty of Medicine University of Pavol Jozef Šafarik in Košice,
Slovak Republic

Scope and Aims of the ISTEP 2000 Symposium the Symposium will be devoted to:

  a.. Presentation and sharing of knowledge in the implementation and
operation of the telemedical and teleeducational services.

  b.. Presentation of applied telemedical and teleeducational solutions.

  c.. New applications of virtual infrastructures, computer graphics and
visualisation in education.

  d.. Tendencies and trends in the development of telemedical and
telelearning systems.

Aims of the Symposium:

  1.. To support dissemination of experiences pursuant to telemedical and
teleeducational activities.

  2.. To get an extensive base of future customers and users,

  3.. To support various forms of links among users and service providers.

Symposium Structure and Suggested Topics for Papers

Symposium will consist of a plenary session and technical sessions.

Plenary Session

In the plenary session representatives of the following organisations will
give lectures:

  a.. Ministry of Transport, Posts and Telecommunications of the Slovak
Republic,

  b.. Ministry of Education of the Slovak Republic,

  c.. Ministry of Health of the Slovak Republic

  d.. Guarantors of the Symposium,

Presentation of the most important telemedical and teleeducational
solutions, their owners, operators and users. We suggest the following
topics:

  1.. Pilot projects of telemedical and teleeducational solutions.

  2.. Models of virtual infrastructures: virtual university and virtual
hospital.

  3.. Engineering of telelearning systems.

  4.. Hardware and software for telemedical and teleeducational
applications.

Technical sessions

Technical sessions will provide information for wide spectrum of experts
from academical and healthcare workplaces. It is possible for them to
present their experience and suggestions in the field of telemedicine and
teleeducation. We suggest the following range of topics:

  1.. Telecommunication in diagnostics, therapy and prevention.

  2.. Telelearning systems (virtual university and virtual hospital),
standardisation of telemedical and teleeducational applications.

  3.. Multimedia in telemedicine and teleeducation based on ISDN and BISDN.

  4.. Hardware, software and methodologies for the videoconferencing
solutions.

  5.. Telelearning services for public based on Internet, cable TV and XDSL
technologies.

Exhibition

The Symposium will promote technologies for supporting telemedical and
teleeducational applications. Producers and institutions will have the
opportunity to present new products, components, applications, measurement
equipment, etc. The exhibition will be held on the same premises as the
Symposium.

A special advertisement session will be devoted to introducing the new
products and services.

Several videoconferencing sessions will be provided during the symposium. In
cooperation with the Slovak Telecom. s.c. and other organizations we plan to
deliver lectures from the Charles University in Prague, AGH Krakow and FEI
STU in Bratislava. Videoconferencing sessions will be based on the already
established ATM infrastructure at the Technical University in Košice which
is connected to the WAN of the Slovak Telecom.

The focus of this symposium will be on the practical presentations of the
ISDN and B-ISDN applications and services in international context.

Deadlines

  1.. Acceptance of registration forms and abstracts and/or proposals to
exhibition :

  30 November, 1999

  2.. Notification of acceptance, rules for full paper

  preparation and Second Call:

  15 December, 1999

  3.. Receipt of full paper and advanced registration:

  15 February, 2000

  4.. Last information and Final Program:

5 March, 2000

Further information

Symposium Languages

Slovak, Czech and English are the official languages of the symposium. Each
contribution should contain a resume in English.

Symposium Proceedings

The proceedings will be published in time for the Symposium. Each registered
participant will receive the proceeding in both printed and electronic forms
(CD).

Venue

Aula Maxima and Associated Lecture Halls, Technical University of Kosice

Letná 9, Košice, Slovak Republic

Symposia consists of 3 committees: Organizational, Honorary, Program.

Schedule of the symposia:

1st day: presentation, welcome meeting of the organizing committee with the
invited persons, opening ceremony, plenary session, technical sessions,
welcome party.

2nd day: technical sessions, conclusions from the technical sessions

3rd day: optional program: trip to High Tatras or Tokaj region.

ISTEP 2000 Symposium Secretariat

Mrs. Darina Bodonská, Mr. Tomáš Griger

Elfa, s.r.o., Letná 9, 042 00 Košice

Slovakia, e-mail: [email-masked]

Tel./Fax.: +421 95 6253839, 6253200, 6253202