Subject: [ippm] RFC 6038 on Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) Reflect Octets and Symmetrical Size Features

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:11:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6038

        Title:      Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) 
                    Reflect Octets and Symmetrical Size Features 
        Author:     A. Morton, L. Ciavattone
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 41273
        Updates:    RFC5357

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-reflect-octets-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6038.txt

This memo describes two closely related features for the core
specification of the Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP): an
optional capability where the responding host returns some of the
command octets or padding octets to the sender, and an optional
sender packet format that ensures equal test packet sizes are used in
both directions.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC