Subject: [ippm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest-01

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:27:01 -0400

IPPM,

We've put together an improved version of the metricstest draft.

>Filename:       draft-ietf-ippm-metrictest
>Revision:       01
>Title:          IPPM standard advancement testing
>Creation_date:  2010-10-24
>WG ID:          ippm
>Number_of_pages: 39
>
>Abstract:
>This document specifies tests to determine if multiple independent
>instantiations of a performance metric RFC have implemented the
>specifications in the same way.  This is the performance metric
>equivalent of interoperability, required to advance RFCs along the
>standards track.  Results from different implementations of metric
>RFCs will be collected under the same underlying network conditions
>and compared using state of the art statistical methods.  The goal is
>an evaluation of the metric RFC itself, whether its definitions are
>clear and unambiguous to implementors and therefore a candidate for
>advancement on the IETF standards track.
>

Here's a list of the recent changes:

    Changes from WG -00 to WG -01 draft

    o  Discussion on merits and requirements of a distributed lab test
       using only local load generators.

    o  Proposal of metrics suitable for tests using the proposed
       measurement configuration.

    o  Hint on delay caused by software based L2TPv3 implementation.

    o  Added an appendix with a test configuration allowing remote tests
       comparing different implementations accross the network.

    o  Proposal for maximum error of "equivalence", based on performance
       comparison of identical implementations.  This may be useful for
       both ADK and non-ADK comparisons.

regards,
Ruediger and Al