Subject: [ippm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-07.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 12:39:01 -0800

Dear All,
the new version of the Hybrid Two-Step draft introduces the Authentication
sub-TLV and defines its use in protecting the integrity of the data
collected from each node. the Authentication sub-TLV may be added to the
Telemetry Data TLV in which the node copies telemetry information as
specified in the Trigger packet. The Telemetry Data TLV, in turn, collected
in the HTS Follow-up packet(s).
Also added is the request to allocate the HTS option from the IOAM
Option-Type registry.
Of course, some editorial changes.
The authors believe that the draft provides a sufficiently detailed
specification of the HTS protocol which is complementary to IOAM Trace
Options, IOAM Direct Export, and Postcard-Based Telemetry methods of
collecting the telemetry information. We would greatly appreciate the
consideration of its adoption by the IPPM WG.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 7:21 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-07.txt
To: Haoyu Song <[email-masked]>, Wang Lingqiang <
[email-masked]>, Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>, Guo Zhui <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-07.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step
Revision:       07
Title:          Hybrid Two-Step Performance Measurement Method
Document date:  2020-12-04
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          17
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-07.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step/
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-07
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-ippm-hybrid-two-step-07

Abstract:
   Development of, and advancements in, automation of network operations
   brought new requirements for measurement methodology.  Among them is
   the ability to collect instant network state as the packet being
   processed by the networking elements along its path through the
   domain.  This document introduces a new hybrid measurement method,
   referred to as hybrid two-step, as it separates the act of measuring
   and/or calculating the performance metric from the act of collecting
   and transporting network state.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat