Subject: [ippm] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 18:27:33 -0700

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-ioam-data/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[ section 5.4 ]

* "deployed in a particular IOAM," -> "deployed in a particular IOAM-Domain,"
  perhaps

* I think perhaps it should be made clear, especially for the Incremental
  Trace Option, that dynamic insertion of data might need to be moderated
  "subject to any protocol constraints of the encapsulating layer", as it
  were.