Subject: [ippm] New Draft: draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking-00

From: Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 12:07:06 +0300

Hi,

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking

This new draft summarizes the different marking methods that have been
discussed out there in the context of performance measurement. With
RFC8321bis moving to Proposed Standard, we believe it is useful to
summarize the different marking methods; not only the methods from
RFC8321, but also other methods that have been discussed.

This draft is partially based on an older (expired) draft:
draft-mizrahi-ippm-multiplexed-alternate-marking.

Feedback would be welcome.

Thanks,
Tal.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 10:31 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking-00.txt
To: Mach Chen (Guoyi) <[email-masked]>, Giuseppe Fioccola
<[email-masked]>, Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>,
Mauro Cociglio <[email-masked]>, Tal Mizrahi
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tal Mizrahi and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking
Revision:       00
Title:          Marking Methods for Performance Measurement
Document date:  2021-10-25
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          25
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking/
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mizrahi-ippm-marking

Abstract:
   This memo presents a summary of marking methods for performance
   measurements, and discusses the tradeoffs among them.  These marking
   methods enable to measure various performance metrics such as packet
   loss and delay, and require a low overhead in the header of data
   packets, as low as one or two bits per packet, or in some cases even
   zero bits per packet.  The target audience of this document is
   network protocol designers; this document is intended to help
   protocol designers choose the best marking method(s) based on the
   protocol's constraints and requirements.

The IETF Secretariat