Subject: [ippm] RFC 9097 on Metrics and Methods for One-Way IP Capacity

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 15:56:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9097

        Title:      Metrics and Methods for One-Way IP Capacity 
        Author:     A. Morton,
                    R. Geib,
                    L. Ciavattone
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-capacity-metric-method-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9097

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9097

This memo revisits the problem of Network Capacity Metrics first
examined in RFC 5136. This memo specifies a more practical Maximum
IP-Layer Capacity Metric definition catering to measurement and
outlines the corresponding Methods of Measurement.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Measurement Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC