Subject: [ippm] [Errata Rejected] RFC8912 (6762)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 15:17:01 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC8912,
"Initial Performance Metrics Registry Entries".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6762

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2021-11-30
Rejected by: Martin Duke (IESG)

Section: 10.1.4

Original Text
-------------
   RTLoss:  This metric assesses the estimated loss count for TCP
      packets constituting a single connection, exchanged between two
      hosts.  We consider the measurement of round-trip delay based on a
      single OP [RFC7011] somewhere in the network.  The output is the
      estimated loss count for the measurement interval.

Corrected Text
--------------
   RTLoss:  This metric assesses the estimated loss count for TCP
      packets constituting a single connection, exchanged between two
      hosts.  We consider the measurement of loss count based on a
      single OP [RFC7011] somewhere in the network.  The output is the
      estimated loss count for the measurement interval.

Notes
-----
This is where loss count is measured, not round-trip delay.
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
>From Al Morton: Sorry, but the original text is correct. In this case we have a RT loss *estimate* conducted in the context of (and using the same packets as) the RT Delay measurements described for TCP. We considered this text carefully before publication.

--------------------------------------
RFC8912 (draft-ietf-ippm-initial-registry-16)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Initial Performance Metrics Registry Entries
Publication Date    : November 2021
Author(s)           : A. Morton, M. Bagnulo, P. Eardley, K. D'Souza
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IP Performance Measurement
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG