Subject: [Isis-wg] RFC 3567 on Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Cryptographic Authentication

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:15:49 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3567

        Title:      Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS)
                    Cryptographic Authentication
        Author(s):  T. Li, R. Atkinson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       July 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 13467
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-hmac-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3567.txt

This document describes the authentication of Intermediate System to
Intermediate System (IS-IS) Protocol Data Units (PDUs) using the
Hashed Message Authentication Codes - Message Digest 5 (HMAC-MD5)
algorithm as found in RFC 2104.  IS-IS is specified in International
Standards Organization (ISO) 10589, with extensions to support
Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) described in RFC 1195.  The base
specification includes an authentication mechanism that allows for
multiple authentication algorithms.  The base specification only
specifies the algorithm for cleartext passwords.

This document proposes an extension to that specification that
allows the use of the HMAC-MD5 authentication algorithm to be used in
conjunction with the existing authentication mechanisms.

This document is a product of IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.