Subject: [Isis-wg] other isis mailing lists

From: [email-masked] (Snehal Desai)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:40:04 -0500

Is there a Cisco's IS-IS mailing list.  If so how can I subscribe to 
it.  It seems to me that there is some interesting discussion going on 
in IS-IS outside this mailing list.  

Also can someone point me towards the "Larger Metrics" draft, if such 
a draft exists.

Thanks,
Snehal

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Henk Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 20:52:54 +0200 (MET DST)

> Is there a Cisco's IS-IS mailing list.
> If so how can I subscribe to it.

  Nope, there is no such list.

>  It seems to me that there is some interesting discussion going on 

  Not that I know of.
 There is the SIF forum (Sonet Interoperability Forum).
 For the rest all progress is reported to this list, and discussed
 at the IETF ISIS WG meetings.

        Henk.

---

From: Satish Dattatri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 13:48:40 -0700

How to subscribe to SIF?
thanks,
satish

---

From: Henk Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 03:18:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Send email to [email-masked], with the following
 command in the body of your email message:
 subscribe sif-arch

  Please note that mainly other stuff is discussed on this archive.
 Not just ISIS. TARP, OSI-IP mediation, etc.
 In fact since I joined there has been little discussion about ISIS itself.
 I joined because the SIF wanted to bring in a recommendation to change
 the default maxLSPBuffersize from 1492 to 512 bytes. I didn't like
 that idea, so that is why I subscribed.
 I mentioned the SIF only because it is the only place I know of where
 ISIS might get discussed.

  Sonet ADMs are managed via OSI protocols. They use CLNS as their
 transport. And thus ISIS as the routing protocol. That is why SIF
 has an interest in ISIS. The SIF forum is mainly about OSI protocols,
 and thus only discusses the CLNS side of ISIS.
 For IP related stuff, the IETF isis-wg is the place to be.
 Hope this helps,

     Henk.