Subject: [Isis-wg] FW: JTC 1/SC 6 Liaison Statement on Routeing

From: "David Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 11:44:20 -0400

For those of you who hate MSWORD, I append the text at the end of the
message text as well.

Are there other drafts they should fold it? If so, please craft a
response and I'll get it to them.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Deane [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 11:35 AM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'; [email-masked]';
[email-masked]'
Cc: 'Jim Long (SC 6/WG 7 Convenor)'; 'Jooran Lee'
Subject: JTC 1/SC 6 Liaison Statement on Routeing

> Dear IETF Directors,
>
> Per ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 6 Prague Plenary Resolution 6.7.7, the following
> document is forwarded to IETF Routeing and Transport Area Directors
for
> consideration:
>
> SC 6 N 11618, Liaison Statement to IETF on ISO/IEC CD 10589 (2nd
version)
>
>
> Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Matt Deane
> JTC 1/SC 6 Secretariat
>
>  <<06n1618.rtf>>

									SC 6 N 11618

Title: Liaison Report to the IETF Routing Area Director on 2nd CD for
ISO/IEC 10589 (IS-IS Routing)

Source: ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6

ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6 WG7 is currently creating a new base text for ISO10589.
SC6 intends to use this new version 2 as the base for adding the
enhancements which have been requested by the IETF to optimise the use
of ISO 10589 for Internet routing solutions.  The IETF IS-IS WG convenor
originally identified  Internet Drafts: <draft-ietf-isis-dyname-02.txt>
and <draft-ietf-isis-traffic-01.txt> as the source documents which
specify these enhancements.   SC6 invites the IETF to confirm that the
above Internet Drafts are the correct references and to inform SC6 if
there are additional IETF documents which refer to any other
requirements for  IS-IS Routing enhancements.

 SC6 would like to interact with the IETF on clarifying the detailed
requirements in the hope that it may be possible to  introduce them
during the editing cycle for version 2 of the standard.   To this end,
we would like the Routing Area Directors to arrange an IS-IS BOF at the
San Diego IETF meeting to discuss these requirements and how they can be
incorporated into the new version of  ISO 10586.

 SC6 will post an initial draft version of the new base document as an
Internet Draft in August 2000 but this will not contain the changes
requested by the IETF.  A ballot closure date of February 2001 has been
set for the 2nd CD Ballot to allow incorporation of final input on the
Internet requirements if they can be agreed at the December 2000 IETF
meeting.

For information, the current instructions to the editor are that he
should use ISO/IEC 10589:1992 as a base for editing, and shall apply the
minimum textual changes mandated by the following TCs and DRs:

   ISO/IEC 10589:1992/Cor.1:1993
   ISO/IEC 10589:1992/Cor.2:1996
   ISO/IEC 10589:1992/Cor.3:1996
   ISO/IEC 10589:1992/Amd 1:1996
   6N10323 - Defect Reports 7-26
   6N10659 - Defect Reports 27-34
   6N10733 - Technical Corrigendum 4
   The editor will also apply the minimal changes necessary to resolve
additional Defect Reports 35-44.

If SC6 and the IETF are unable to resolve the required changes, the
Editor will add a temporary note to the cover page and the scope clause
stating that:  “ ISO 10589 does not currently include the extensions
originally requested by the IETF in Internet Drafts:
<draft-ietf-isis-dyname-02.txt> and <draft-ietf-isis-traffic-01.txt>.
National Body and Liaison organization comments are invited to comment
on the best way to progress these extensions.”