Subject: [Isis-wg] DIS election question???

From: "vikram isis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 01:39:06 GMT

Hi,
I just have question on DIS election. Assuming, an unintended DIS(less 
capacity or something) is elected, due to misconfiguration of priority or by 
virtue of its mac address. And that, it is unable to bear the load  and 
submits to another DIS (less priority or low MAC address) in the next DRHold 
Interval. When its less loaded, is elected again as the DIS and the ping 
pong between DISs continue. Is there a mechanism by which the DIS which is 
stable can stick around by distributed/centralised mechanism for a certain 
period?
Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks
Vikram
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list  -  [email-masked]
http://external.juniper.net/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg

---

From: Dave Katz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 18:46:49 -0700 (PDT)

Use the priority mechanism.

   X-Originating-IP: [209.58.11.227]
   From: "vikram isis" <[email-masked]>
   Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 01:39:06 GMT
   Mime-Version: 1.0
   Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed
   X-OriginalArrivalTime: 19 Sep 2000 01:39:06.0616 (UTC) FILETIME=[661D5780:01C021DA]
   Sender: [email-masked]
   Errors-To: [email-masked]
   X-Mailman-Version: 1.0rc3
   Precedence: bulk
   List-Id: IETF IS-IS working group <isis-wg.external.juniper.net>
   X-BeenThere: [email-masked]

   Hi,

   Thanks
   Vikram