Subject: [Isis-wg] Document Action: 'IS-IS extensions for Traffic Engineering' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:55:46 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'IS-IS extensions for Traffic 
Engineering' <draft-ietf-isis-traffic-05.txt> as an Informational RFC. This 
document is the product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

RFC Editor's Note:

Section 3.7 "Sub-TLV 18: Traffic Engineering Default metric"
Second para:

    OLD:

      To preclude overflow within a SPF implementation, all metrics greater
      than or equal to MAX_PATH_METRIC SHALL be considered to have a metric
      of MAX_PATH_METRIC. It is easiest to select MAX_PATH_METRIC such
      that MAX_PATH_METRIC plus a single link metric does not overflow the
      number of bits for internal metric calculation. We assume that this
      is 32 bits. Thus, MAX_PATH_METRIC is 4,261,412,864 (0xFE000000, 2^32
      - 2^25).

    NEW:

      To preclude overflow within a a traffic engineering SPF implementation,
      all metrics greater than or equal to MAX_PATH_METRIC SHALL be considered
      to have a metric of MAX_PATH_METRIC. It is easiest to select
      MAX_PATH_METRIC such that MAX_PATH_METRIC plus a single link metric does
      not overflow the number of bits for internal metric calculation. We
      assume that this is 32 bits. Therefore, we have chosen MAX_PATH_METRIC to
      be 4,261,412,864 (0xFE000000, 2^32 - 2^25).

Section 6.2.1 "Sub-TLVs for TLV 22"

    OLD:
          This registry contains codepoints for Sub-TLVs of TLV 22. The range
          of values is 0-255. Allocations within the registry require
          documentation of the use of the allocated value and approval by the
          Designated Expert assigned by the IESG (see [5]).

    NEW:
          This registry contains codepoints for Sub-TLVs of TLV 22. The range
          of values is 0-255. Allocations within the registry require
          documentation of the proposed use of the allocated value and approval
          by the Designated Expert assigned by the IESG (see [5]).

Section 3.0 "The extended IS reachability TLV"

OLD:
      To preclude overflow within a SPF implementation, all metrics greater
      than or equal to MAX_PATH_METRIC SHALL be considered to have a metric
      of MAX_PATH_METRIC. It is easiest to select MAX_PATH_METRIC such
      that MAX_PATH_METRIC plus a single link metric does not overflow the
      number of bits for internal metric calculation. We assume that this
      is 32 bits. Thus, MAX_PATH_METRIC is 4,261,412,864 (0xFE000000, 2^32
      - 2^25).

NEW:

      To preclude overflow within a a traffic engineering SPF implementation,
      all metrics greater than or equal to MAX_PATH_METRIC SHALL be considered
      to have a metric of MAX_PATH_METRIC. It is easiest to select
      MAX_PATH_METRIC such that MAX_PATH_METRIC plus a single link metric does
      not overflow the number of bits for internal metric calculation. We
      assume that this is 32 bits. Therefore, we have chosen MAX_PATH_METRIC to
      be 4,261,412,864 (0xFE000000, 2^32 - 2^25).

_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg