Subject: [Isis-wg] Is ATT bit mandatory?

From: "Ilya Varlashkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 18:40:19 +0200

Hi,

If L1/L2 router is configured to leak all necessary L2 routes into L1,
does it still have to set ATT bit? Assuming an implementation that
conforms to all relevant IS-IS standards/specifications, will something
fundamentally break if ATT bit is not set but there's clear evidence
that router must be L1/L2 (e.g. by presence of inter-area routes in its
LSP)?

I've made lab tests, and it appears I can turn ATT bit off on L1/L2
router and still have necessary connectivity (don't need default route
in L1), but I wonder if there are some hidden pitfals in implementing
this on life network (besides bugs).

Kind regards,
iLya
_______________________________________________
Isis-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/isis-wg