Subject: [Isms] I-D Action:draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Security Model for SNMP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for SNMP
	Author(s)       : W. Hardaker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm-07.txt
	Pages           : 65
	Date            : 2010-01-27

This document describes a Transport Model for the Simple Network
Management Protocol (SNMP), that uses either the Transport Layer
Security protocol or the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
protocol.  The TLS and DTLS protocols provide authentication and
privacy services for SNMP applications.  This document describes how
the TLS Transport Model (TLSTM) implements the needed features of a
SNMP Transport Subsystem to make this protection possible in an
interoperable way.

This transport model is designed to meet the security and operational
needs of network administrators.  It supports sending of SNMP
messages over TLS/TCP, DTLS/UDP and DTLS/SCTP.  The TLS mode can make
use of TCP's improved support for larger packet sizes and the DTLS
mode provides potentially superior operation in environments where a
connectionless (e.g.  UDP or SCTP) transport is preferred.  Both TLS
and DTLS integrate well into existing public keying infrastructures.

This document also defines a portion of the Management Information
Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols.  In particular
it defines objects for managing the TLS Transport Model for SNMP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.