Subject: [Isms] dtls document status and next steps

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:23:41 +0100

I like to clarify the process around the dtls document. The WG last
call started on October 29th with a deadline of November 14. Due to
the IETF meeting in between and initially a lack of reviews, I asked
for additional reviews on November 16th. The document revision under
last call was <draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm-01.txt>. Some additional
reviews were received and I noted down the following reviewers:

 - Andrew Donati <[email-masked]>
 - Pasi Eronen <[email-masked]>
 - Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
 - Hamid Mukhtar <[email-masked]>
 - Alan Luchuk <[email-masked]>
 - Joe Salowey <[email-masked]>
 - David Harrington <[email-masked]>
 - Tom Petch <[email-masked]>

Wes then started to process the comments, leading to the publication
of revisions -02, -03, -04, and -05. The last two issues related to
-05 were just resolved on the mailing list but now it seems new issues
are being raised - some editorial some perhaps more substantial.

In order to meet our goal to deliver the document in January to the
AD, I hereby set a firm deadline for a final check of the latest
revision (posted on January 8th) to January 19th. After January 19th,
fwe will resolve the comments, if needed Wes will post revision -06,
which I then intend to send to the AD.

If you have technical comments, please make sure that they are
precisely defined and ideally accompanied with concrete suggestions
how to fix the issue in the document.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>