Subject: Re: [ITU+IETF] NNAR Workshop Issues 4 and 5

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 13:58:31 -0500

I'd like to take the opportunity to note that the existence of these 
documents was discussed at the ENUM WG meeting during IETF 47 in Adelaide, 
Australia last week.

ENUM ID authors and WG participants were asked to thoroughly read these 
documents and keep in mind the valuable information they contain.

I specifically asked our Area Director Scott Bradner ( and IETF-ITU liaison 
) how we should treat these documents during our work process.

It was suggested that these documents ( and any others the Workshop deems 
relevant to IETF WG items) be made part of the IETF RFC series so that the 
larger Internet community has access to them.

If these documents can be reformatted in the appropriate IETF manner they 
can be submitted to the IETF RFC editor for publication.

If you need any assistance on the process by which documents are submitted 
to the RFC Editor ..please let me know.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/howtopub.html

At 05:09 PM 3/21/2000 +0900, [email-masked] wrote:

>Participants in Question 1 (Numbering) of ITU-T Study Group 2 have put 
>together
>some information relevant to E.164-DNS interworking (for Issue 4) during
>their recent meeting, and I am providing an ASCII text version of the Carrier
>Selection supplement to E.164 (for Issue 5).
>
>These files may be found at the following URLs:
>
>    http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/ip-telecoms/nnar/nnar-e164-dns-iw-info.txt and
>    http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/ip-telecoms/nnar/nnar-carrier-sel-supp.txt
>
>-Toshiyuki Tamura
>  KDD
>  Japan
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>ITU+IETF mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/itu+ietf

Sincerely,  ENUM -WG co-chair

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]
GSTN Fax 314.918.9015
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
ITU+IETF mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/itu+ietf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:50:57 +0900

Thank you and IETF for your kind proposal.
I will discuss this with WP1/2 management team and come back.

Toshi

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:55:00 +0900

ITU-T WP1/2 management team agreed to submit the documents to make them 
be part of the IETF RFC series to share the information with the larger
Internet community.

Format of those documents can be changed and the necessary addition of 
info should be made in conformance to the IETF process.
However, please understand that the contents cannot easily be changed 
because they have a level of official status in ITU.

I appreciate Brian's very kind offer to reformat the documents.

Toshi