Subject: [ITU+IETF] Status of IETF and ITU-T standards

From: Antony Oodan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:00:53 -0400

Can someone please advise me of the precise relationship between IETF and
ITU-T with regard to the issue of standards? If the IETF has progressed a
topic to its conclusion and is considered worthy of a standard does the
ITU-T have to issue it as one of its numbered documents for it to be
recognised as a 'standard' througout the world? On the other hand if the
document is issued as an IETF standard is its status sufficient to be
adopted worldwide by all network providers to use it as a standard without
the stamp of ITU-T?

Antony Oodan
Telecommunications Quality Consultancy
Tel: + 44 (0)1908 319150
Fax: +44 (0)1908 312213
Email: [email-masked]
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/oodantqc

_______________________________________________
ITU+IETF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/itu+ietf