Subject: [Jcardcal] I-D Action: draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:41:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the JSON data formats for vCard and iCalendar Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : jCard: The JSON format for vCard
	Author(s)       : Philipp Kewisch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-07.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2013-10-15

Abstract:
   This specification defines "jCard", a JSON format for vCard data.
   The vCard data format is a text format for representing and
   exchanging information about individuals and other entities, for
   example telephone numbers, email addresses, structured names and
   delivery addresses.  JSON is a lightweight, text-based, language-
   independent data interchange format commonly used in internet
   applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Philipp Kewisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:57:26 +0200

Hi Folks,

this version fixes a few last editorial comments and minor errors.

Barry, I've made some comments in 
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jcardcal/trac/ticket/65>, I'd appreciate 
if you could take a look if you are happy with the changes I've made.

All DISCUSS votes have been cleared. I don't know exactly what other 
steps are needed, but if there are no more change requests, maybe we can 
get this published before the IETF meetup freeze on the 21st.

Philipp

On 10/15/13 8:41 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> jcardcal mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jcardcal

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:06:17 -0400

(Explicitly adding Pete.)

> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jcardcal/trac/ticket/65>, I'd appreciate if
> you could take a look if you are happy with the changes I've made.
>
> All DISCUSS votes have been cleared. I don't know exactly what other steps
> are needed, but if there are no more change requests, maybe we can get this
> published before the IETF meetup freeze on the 21st.

Yes, I've looked at -07, and I'm happy with it (including the one or
two places where you disagreed with my comments).  The only other step
that's needed is for Pete to decide that it's ready, and he can press
the button.

Again, Philipp, thanks very much for all the work you put into getting
this document polished and ready!

Barry

---

From: Philipp Kewisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 21:26:30 +0200

> this document polished and ready!
Note we still have to remove the intermediate sections (i.e 
sheffer-running-code). I wasn't sure if I need to do this or if this is 
done before publishing?

Philipp

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:29:51 -0400

> sheffer-running-code). I wasn't sure if I need to do this or if this is done
> before publishing?

That (Section 6) and the change log (Appendix C) already have notes
that they will be removed prior to publication.  The RFC Editor will
take care of that, and you can check it during the AUTH48 period.

Barry

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:13:45 -0600

> take care of that, and you can check it during the AUTH48 period.

Yes, that seems just fine.

Thanks to Philipp for all his work on this specification!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:07:44 +0200

> Thanks to Philipp for all his work on this specification!

+1!

Simon

---

From: Bert Greevenbosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 00:51:04 +0000

The new version indeed looks very good to me.
Thanks to Philipp for his excellent work!

Best regards,
Bert

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Peter Saint-Andre
> Sent: 16 October 2013 07:14
> To: Barry Leiba
> Cc: Pete Resnick; Philipp Kewisch; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Jcardcal] I-D Action: draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-07.txt
>