Subject: [Jose-reg-review] Request to register header parameter: svt

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 17:32:30 +0200

Hi,

The draft https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-santesson-svt-jws/ is
being requested for publication as individual submission

This draft includes the request to register the JWS Header Parameter 
"svt" as follows:

6.1.  Header Parameter Names Registration

   This section registers the "svt" Header Parameter in the IANA "JSON
   Web Signature and Encryption Header Parameters" registry established
   by [RFC7515].

6.1.1.  Registry Contents

   *  Header Parameter Name: "svt"
   *  Header Parameter Description: Signature Validation Token
   *  Header Parameter Usage Location(s): JWS
   *  Change Controller: IESG
   *  Specification Document(s): Section 3.1 of {this document}

The draft specifies a a profile for including SVT tokens in a JWS using
this defined header parameter ("svt").

The rationale for this claim is described in the referenced document and
the main specification found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-santesson-svt/ .

The solution is deployed is real services and it is considered for
national government usage which is the main reason to publish the
specification as an informational RFC.

/Stefan Santesson

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:57:24 -0400

Stefann,

Hi! I wanted to acknowledge receipt of this request. Will review it shortly.

spt

> On Sep 3, 2021, at 11:32, Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Jose-reg-review mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jose-reg-review