Subject: Re: [jose] #3: Concat used outside of key agreement

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:29:31 -0000

#3: Concat used outside of key agreement

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 draft-ietf-jose-json-web-algorithms-09 removes the use of the Concat KDF
 outside of key agreement in favor of using a CBC/HMAC SHA-2 encryption
 algorithm compatible with draft-mcgrew-aead-aes-cbc-hmac-sha2-01.  I
 therefore believe that this issue should be closed.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  encryption             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/3#comment:3>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: John Bradley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:43:25 -0300

I agree the change addresses this issue by removing the KDF.

On 2013-04-24, at 3:29 PM, jose issue tracker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> jose mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/jose

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:46:20 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  encryption             |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/3#comment:4>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>