Subject: Re: [jose] #10: Remove implementation requirements

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 03:26:26 -0000

#10: Remove implementation requirements

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 (Speaking as an individual)

 If you would like to get IESG feedback here, it would better to ask
 directly, instead of inferring from the OAuth case.  The answer might be
 different.

 I would propose to solve this problem in two parts:
 1. Have JWE / JWS / JWA be completely algorithm agnostic (no MTI)
 2. In an "implementation considerations" document, specify a recommended
 baseline suite of algorithms.  (I would prefer RECOMMENDED, but I might
 acquiesce to REQUIRED if the base specs are agnostic.)

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  algorithms             |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/10#comment:2>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>

---

From: "jose issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:11:34 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 The IESG has had a discussion on this issue as part of the recent charter
 discussions.  The chairs believe that is is clear from that discussions
 that MTI algorithms are going to be required in order for the documents to
 progress.  For that reason we are closing this ticket.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-jose-json-web-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  json-web-    |     Version:
  algorithms             |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/jose/trac/ticket/10#comment:3>
jose <http://tools.ietf.org/jose/>