Subject: [jose] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping-00.txt

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 23:04:52 -0400

Dear JOSE,

At the WG meeting, I agreed to draft an I-D proposing a way to unify JWE
key wrapping and JWK key wrapping.  I have just posted such an I-D.

In short, the proposal is to re-factor JWE so that the wrapped key is
effectively the same as a wrapped JWK.  Many more details in the document

--Richard

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping-00.txt
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Richard Barnes and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping
Revision:        00
Title:           Proposed Refactoring of JOSE to Align Encryption and Key
Wrapping
Creation date:   2013-04-03
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 33
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping-00.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-jose-key-wrapping-00

Abstract:
   The discussions around key wrapping in the JOSE working group have
   raised new requirements for wrapped keys, namely: (1) Wrapping keys
   other than symmetric keys, (2) cryptographically binding attributes
   to keys, and (3) allowing the use of AEAD cryptographic algorithms
   for key wrapping (other than AES-KW).  This document proposes a
   refactoring of the JOSE document set that provides a cleaner
   conceptual structure for JWS / JWE and transparent support for
   wrapped keys, all with a relatively minor impact on the compact form
   of JWS and JWE objects.

The IETF Secretariat