Subject: Critical extensions to SPNEGO

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:52:14 -0500 (EST)

I'm assuming we do not need a mechanism for critical extensions in
SPNEGO.  It is doable if we standardize it now, but it would be a hack
and would not be in the spirit of the GSSAPI.  Typically in GSSAPI
applications, the client must verify that the context is acceptable
after negotiation.

--Sam

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:48:35 -0600

> applications, the client must verify that the context is acceptable

If we ever add new fields to the SEQUENCEs in SPNEGO tokens we'll have
to add new MIC fields to sign those as well.

Nico
--