Subject: Mailing List problems

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:23:29 -0400

I just want to make the membership of this list aware that I am aware of 
the following mailing list difficulties.  Apparently for some unknown 
number of days or weeks it has not been possible to register for the 
list either via the web page

    https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

or via the mail address

    [email-masked]

Apparently, the requests are received by mailman but the responses from
mailman to the requestor are not be sent out.  This has the negative
effect that it is not possible to confirm the request and after a while
mailman drops the request.

The second problem is the mail archive which is supposed to be accesible
via

    http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/kitten/current/index.html

does not list any of the e-mail since the list creation.

I have reported both problems to Fortec and I have been waiting for 
several days without receiving a response.  There is not much I can
do about the archive but I have switched mailman to require my approval
for new subscriptions instead of confirmation.  I will check each day
to approve new subscription requests until this problem is resolved.
Unfortunately, once I approve you I doubt you will receive the welcome
message.

If you know of anyone who has been trying to join the list, please ask 
them to try again.   Hopefully all of this will be resolved shortly.

Jeffrey Altman

_______________________________________________
Kitten mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:40:53 -0400

If people want access to an archive of the list, I believe i
imap://imap.suchdamage.org/ietf.kitten is complete.  I believe that
archive should allow anonymous login using the fine anonymous sasl
mechanism.

--Sam