Subject: [kitten] I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 22:31:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Generic Security Service API Version 2: Java Bindings Update
        Authors         : Mayank D. Upadhyay
                          Seema Malkani
                          Wang Weijun
	Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 99
	Date            : 2014-05-22

Abstract:
   The Generic Security Services Application Program Interface (GSS-API)
   offers application programmers uniform access to security services
   atop a variety of underlying cryptographic mechanisms.  This document
   updates the Java bindings for the GSS-API that are specified in
   "Generic Security Service API Version 2 : Java Bindings Update" (RFC
   5653).  This document obsoletes RFC 5653 by adding a new output token
   field to the GSSException class so that when the initSecContext or
   acceptSecContext methods of the GSSContext class fails it has a
   chance to emit an error token which can be sent to the peer for
   debugging or informational purpose.

   The GSS-API is described at a language-independent conceptual level
   in "Generic Security Service Application Program Interface Version 2,
   Update 1" (RFC 2743).  The GSS-API allows a caller application to
   authenticate a principal identity, to delegate rights to a peer, and
   to apply security services such as confidentiality and integrity on a
   per-message basis.  Examples of security mechanisms defined for GSS-
   API are "The Simple Public-Key GSS-API Mechanism" (RFC 2025) and "The
   Kerberos Version 5 Generic Security Service Application Program
   Interface (GSS-API) Mechanism: Version 2" (RFC 4121).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Wang Weijun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 16:00:47 +0800

Sorry, but seems my xml2rfc (version 2.4.3) has a bug that does not print out the word "Parameters" if it's the hangText of an empty <t>:

  <t hangText="Parameters:"/>

Therefore you will see for every method in Section 6, there is no "Parameters:" line before the description of its parameters. xml2rfc 2.4.5 can print them out and I'll update it in the next draft and hopefully this won't bring any trouble to your reading.

Another difference I noticed (by looking at the diff to rfc5653) is also in parameters text, where sometimes two words are glued together. This is my fault when trying to rewrite from nroff to xml. It will be fixed too in my next draft.

Anyway, the real difference to RFC 5653 is described at

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-rfc5653bis-00#section-11

and I wish it does solve some problem of the original spec.

Thanks
Weijun

On May 23, 2014, at 13:31, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Kitten mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/kitten