Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-tapp-03.txt

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 08:21:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Public Key Utilizing Tickets for Application Servers 
                         (PKTAPP)
        Author(s)       : A. Medvinsky, M. Hur, A. Medvinsky, C. Neuman
        Filename        : draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-tapp-03.txt
        Pages           : 5
        Date            : 21-Jul-00
        
Public key based Kerberos for Distributed Authentication[1], (PKDA) 
proposed by Sirbu & Chuang, describes PK based authentication that 
eliminates the use of a centralized key distribution center while 
retaining the advantages of Kerberos tickets.  This draft describes how, 
without any modification, the PKINIT specification[2] may be used to 
implement the ideas introduced in PKDA.  The benefit is that only a 
single PK Kerberos extension is needed to address the goals of PKINIT & 
PKDA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-tapp-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-tapp-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444