Subject: Welcome to the IETF Kerberos Working Group

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:22:39 -0500

Welcome to the Kerberos Working Group list. (Or if you are on the CAT
list you may which to join.)

The charter for the Kerberos Working Group has been posted at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/krb-wg-charter.html but it does not yet 
list any of the documents. In discussions with John Linn, and Jeff Schiller 
the following documents are being transferred to this working group: 

*     Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos (PKINIT) (48913 bytes)
*     Public Key Cryptography for Cross-Realm Authentication in Kerberos (22582 bytes)
*     Public Key Utilizing Tickets for Application Servers (PKTAPP) (16077 bytes)
*     The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5) (Kerberos Revisions) (323152 bytes)
*     Initial Authentication and Pass Through Authentication Using Kerberos V5 and the GSS-API
(IAKERB) (12132 bytes)
*     The Kerberos Version 5 GSSAPI Mechanism, Version 2 (55391 bytes)
*     Distributing Kerberos KDC and Realm Information with DNS (11698 bytes)
*     Kerberos Set/Change Password: Version 2 (15974 bytes)

and the following RFCs:

*     The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5) (RFC 1510) (275395 bytes)
*     The Kerberos Version 5 GSS-API Mechanism (RFC 1964) (47413 bytes)

We will be meeting in Pittsburgh and the session is currently scheduled 
for Wednesday 1530 - 1730 as "SEC krbwg Kerberos BOF"

The main thrust of the meeting will be to get the Kerberos Revisions and PKINIT 
to be submitted as Proposed Standards within the next few months. 

I have asked all the authors of the above documents if they would
like to say a few words, and most have agreed. If you have any agenda items 
please contact me. I hope to have an agenda soon. 

So, please come prepared to discuss any issues you might have with the 
Kerberos Revisions and PKINIT. 

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444