Subject: [Fwd: BOUNCE [email-masked]: Non-member submission from [[email-masked]]]

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:49:19 -0500

Approved: secret_word
Received: from dns2.anl.gov (dns2.anl.gov [146.139.254.3]) by achilles.ctd.anl.gov (8.9.1a/8.9.1)
with ESMTP id FAA09971 for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 25 Jul 2000 05:37:08 -0500 (CDT)
Received: from ietf.org (odin.ietf.org [132.151.1.176]) by dns2.anl.gov (8.9.1a/8.9.1) with ESMTP id
FAA25166 for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 25 Jul 2000 05:37:07 -0500 (CDT)
To: IETF-Announce: ;
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-raeburn-cat-gssapi-krb5-3des-00.txt
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:37:02 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Triple-DES Support for the Kerberos 5 GSSAPI Mechanism
	Author(s)	: K. Raeburn
	Filename	: draft-raeburn-cat-gssapi-krb5-3des-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 24-Jul-00
	
The MIT Kerberos 5 release version 1.2 includes support for
triple-DES with key derivation [KrbRev].  Recent work by the EFF
[EFF] has demonstrated the vulnerability of single-DES mechanisms
to brute-force attacks by sufficiently motivated and well-funded
parties.
The GSSAPI Kerberos 5 mechanism definition [GSSAPI-KRB5]
specifically enumerates encryption and checksum types,
independently of how such schemes may be used in Kerberos.  In the
long run, a new Kerberos-based mechanism, which does not require
separately enumerating for the GSSAPI mechanism each of the
encryption types defined by Kerberos, appears to be a better
approach.  Efforts to produce such a specification are under way.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raeburn-cat-gssapi-krb5-3des-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-raeburn-cat-gssapi-krb5-3des-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-raeburn-cat-gssapi-krb5-3des-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Multipart/Alternative; Boundary="OtherAccess"

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	access-type="mail-server";
	server="[email-masked]"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-raeburn-cat-gssapi-krb5-3des-00.txt

--OtherAccess
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-raeburn-cat-gssapi-krb5-3des-00.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--OtherAccess--

--NextPart--