Subject: Re: Differences between Kerbeors revisions and PKINIT

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:58:03 EDT

One of the things I asked the folks at Columbia to do last night was
to scan our KDC database to report the number of principal names that
we have in our realm that do not conform to ISO 646 (U.S. ASCII).  The
answer that came back was 

  There are no principal names in our KDC database that use 8bit
  characters.

It would be useful if sites could scan their databases and report the
number of principals that use 8-bit characters (if there are any).

Obviously, if we find out that there are no 8bit principal names in
use (or at least very few), it might make our decision a little easier
to make.  Perhaps we might sleep better at night.

                  Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
               612 West 115th St * New York, NY * 10025 * USA
     http://www.kermit-project.org/ * [email-masked]

---

From: Russ Allbery <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Aug 2000 20:13:22 -0700

> number of principals that use 8-bit characters (if there are any).

I'm fairly certain we have none.

-- 
Russ Allbery ([email-masked])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>