Subject: Progress with Kerberos Revisions

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:38:57 -0500

One of the milestones for the new Kerberos working group was to have
the Kerberos Revisions in last call in August. Its now September. We 
are still going through it a section at a time, and are only up to section 4. 
This is only 1/3 of the way through the document. At the current rate
we will not be done till late October. There are still some important 
sections which will need discussion, such as key derivation. 

Going through this a section at a time was supposed to improve the 
discussions by focusing in on specific areas. But it appears to have 
slowed down the whole process. We have not see the updates to the
first 3 sections based on input from the mailing list, and there
may be more discussion needed on these sections. 

Is there anyway to speed up the process of getting these sections out
quicker? Can we get the updates to the first three sections too?
Can you get the controversial sections out first, and updates to these 
sections as the discussion progresses? 

We need to get this document to last call. 

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444

---

From: Clifford Neuman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:50:04 -0700 (PDT)

Let me try to get 3 more sections done by the end of this week.  One
tomorrow, one Wednesday, and 1 Friday.  Hopefully that will speed it up.
I'll also work on the updates to the first four sections and get them
out by next Monday.

Cliff