Subject: What do we want from sshv2?

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:25:47 -0600

There continues to be an excellent discussion this week over
what do we want from SSHv2 on this list. I find it very encouraging 
that people are discussing how to use the existing GSSAPI, and SPNEGO,
as well as how they might be extended. 

But there are others who might find this interesting as well,
including the CAT Working Group, SSH groups and SASL supporters
some of whom may be proposing their own suggestions on how to
add Kerberos to sshv2. 

Would any of you like to summarize where the discussion is at,
and where it needs to go, and send it on to some of the
other mailing lists? 

I can add an agenda item to the Kerberos WG for december
if some of you would like to talk on the subject.    

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 14:31:18 -0500 (EST)

> and where it needs to go, and send it on to some of the

I suppose I should volunteer to do this, since it was my thread to begin
with.  I'll try to send something out in the next few days.

> if some of you would like to talk on the subject.    

That sounds like an excellent idea.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <[email-masked]>
   Sr. Research Systems Programmer
   School of Computer Science - Research Computing Facility
   Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA