Subject: (Draft 2.0) Agenda for Kerberos Working Group

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:10:02 -0600

(Draft 2.0) Agenda for Kerberos WG (krb-wg)

Added items from Jeff, Matt, and Sasha. 

Based on e-mail responses to my call for agenda items on 10/12. I have
put together this tentative list. If I missed a note from you or if 
you have other items, or comments on the agenda, please make them 
in the next few days. The deadline for the agenda is coming up soon. 

I have listed 3 speakers for the Kerberos GSS user-to-user. This
maybe a surprise to some of them. Can the three of you work out
ahead of time what needs to be said? 

Note the working group session is at 9:00 AM on Monday, as the first
session! Get registered early, or on Sunday.  
 
--------------------------------------------

CHAIR: Doug Engert <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

  Introduction  Doug Engert 

  Kerberos revisions - Cliff Neuman (ISI) 
        The main objective of the working group is to move this draft  
        forward to last call. (We have made some progress but not as
        much as I would have liked to see. Therefore this can last as
        long as needed.)

  PKINIT, PKCROSS, PKTAPP - Waiting for Revisions, brief updates. 
        Matt Hur (CISCO),  Sasha Medvinsky (CISCO),  Brian Tung (ISI)

  AES and Kerberos - Ken Raeburn MIT
        Ken has a draft for this, and there are a number of issues.

  RC4-HMAC as "standard" etype - John Brezak (Microsoft)
        John reports that there are at least 3 implementations of
        Kerberos which have this, so should it be standard? 

  Kerberos changes/set password I-D update 
      John Brezak (Microsoft), Jonathan Trostle (CISCO)
        (Both John and Jonathan have expressed interest in talking
         on this.)

IAKERB - Preparing for Working Group last call 
        Jonathan Trostle (CISCO)

  Kerberos GSS User-to-user  
      John Brezek (Microsoft), Tom Yu (MIT) , Pat Moore (SANDIA)
        (Microsoft had a previous draft and has this in W2K, Tom knows
        the MIT GSS code, and is working on a new version of the GSS 
        for Kerberos, and Pat has this implemented in MIT code and is 
        using it in an application.) 

 TLS KRB5 - brief update
        Jeffrey Altman (Columbia), Matt Hur (CISCO)
	(This draft by Matt Hur is assigned to TLS. Jeff is very 
         interested in how it can be used with Telnet and FTP.)

-- 

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444

---

From: Matthew Hur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:36:08 -0800

Thanks Doug,

Just one note - Sasha Medvinsky works for Motorola.

--Matt

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Nov 2000 11:16:09 -0500

Doug's got "preparing for Working Group last call" on the agenda.

The minutes of the Pittsburgh meeting included:

    Jonathan Trostle <[email-masked]> discussed IAKERB. Basically, have a IAKERB
    proxy server talk to the KDC in the case of the client not being able to talk to
    a KDC. Ken Raeburn asked about having the the IAKERB proxy add the correct IP
    address to the ticket at AS_REQ time.  Jonathan said he would look at that; Ted
    asked about possibly using GSS channel bindings to let the client communicate
    that; Tom Yu said that those aren't required to be transmitted. These need to be
    taken to the list.

Aside from an unrelated message from Jesse Walker I don't think
there's been any discussion on it, and no new draft has been submitted
(at least, not that's shown up in the I-D directory yet).  Jonathan,
what've you concluded about these issues?

---

From: Jonathan Trostle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:53:41 -0800

>what've you concluded about these issues?

Ken,

I have submitted a new version that should show up shortly. Regarding the addresses,
I changed must not add addresses to SHOULD not to allow the IAKERB proxy to add addresses into the request.

Jonathan

---

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:48:02 -0600

Good points. Have these been addressed?

Johnthan has said he has submitted a new draft, and I wantied it on the 
agenda, that said we where geting ready for last call, i.e. make sure people 
are aware. Its not last call yet. 

--

---

From: Jonathan Trostle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:00:59 -0800

Doug,

I did reply to this stating that a new spec. was submitted and that the language stating that the proxy must not add addresses was changed to should not. So the proxy can add addresses if needed.

Jonathan