Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-tapp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:44:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Kerberos WG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Public Key Utilizing Tickets for Application Servers 
                          (PKTAPP)
	Author(s)	: A. Medvinsky, M. Hur, A. Medvinsky, C. Neuman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-tapp-04.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 13-Nov-00
	
Public key based Kerberos for Distributed Authentication[1], (PKDA) 
proposed by Sirbu & Chuang, describes PK based authentication that 
eliminates the use of a centralized key distribution center while 
retaining the advantages of Kerberos tickets.  This draft describes how, 
without any modification, the PKINIT specification[2] may be used to 
implement the ideas introduced in PKDA.  The benefit is that only a 
single PK Kerberos extension is needed to address the goals of PKINIT & 
PKDA.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-tapp-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-tapp-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-tapp-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.