Subject: Summary of Kerberos WG meeting 12/11/00

From: "Douglas E. Engert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:07:49 -0600

The second meeting of the Kerberos WG was held on 12/11/00 with 147 attendees,
twice as many at the first meeting. The Kerberos-Revisions is still the top
priority of the working group, as most other drafts are waiting for it.

Cliff Neuman ran the discussion of the revisions, doing it section by section.
Name canonicalization is still of major concern, and it was suggested that 
if this would help get the revisions moving, it be placed in a separate 
document, as it was originally. Backward compatibility issues were a major 
concern, and it was decided to address these with additional message types. 

The PKINIT draft is waiting for the revisions, but it was decided to move this
to WG last call after the meeting.

User-to-user for the Kerberos GSSAPI was discussed, work on this is now
proceeding.  

--

 Douglas E. Engert  <[email-masked]>
 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue
 Argonne, Illinois  60439 
 (630) 252-5444