Subject: Re: draft of new 1510bis section 5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 14:09:19 -0500

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
   Date: 27 Feb 2001 15:31:46 -0500

   Unless the ASN.1 Police have the ability to come arrest us, I would
   suggest "invalid" instead of "illegal" regarding some of our uses of
   ASN.1.

No, they won't arrest us, but they will write letters to the IAB/ISOC
saying "naught, naught, naughty."  :-)

						- Ted

---

From: Martin Rex <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:18:36 +0100 (MET)

> suggest "invalid" instead of "illegal" regarding some of our uses of

How about "inappropriate" ?

:)

-Martin

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Mar 2001 17:28:12 -0500

> How about "inappropriate" ?

Too subjective, I think.  Some might want to apply it to the use of
ASN.1 in Kerberos, period. :-)

Ken

---

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Mar 2001 19:07:36 -0500

>>>>> "raeburn" == Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]> writes:

>> How about "inappropriate" ?

raeburn> Too subjective, I think.  Some might want to apply it to the use of
raeburn> ASN.1 in Kerberos, period. :-)

Probably "non-compliant" is the most accurate statement.  I can't
believe we're making such a big deal out of one word. ;-)

---Tom